No announcement yet.

Martin Lawrence Doin Time Uncut Amazon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
    The chick in Black knight was fine asf if i can remember correctly. Think she was the same chick who is in Eddie's 'Haunted Mansion". However, i think she's aged horribly.
    was bout to say the same thing fam but forgot if she was in anything else. I think had they casted a less hot chick the movie wouldn't have worked like u wouldn't gave a F that Martin went back to mideviel times and all lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
      Totally agree I NEVER thought Seinfeld was funny on stage or on his show. Never knew why his show was such a huge hit?

Martin was funnier in tv and movies by far!
      Well, was never a huge fan of Seinfeld, but love Curb Your Enthusiasm. But I think it's because it looks at everyday social norms and questions them. Like, why are things the way they are. Or talks about stuff we all deal with. Like women that are more attractive at some angles or some lights than others, close talkers, that little annoying stuff we've all encountered. I think Curb does it a lot better, maybe because the dialogue is improved and they just start scenes with a basic outline. It also shows what complete douchebags people can be. I love how Larry David gets back at them and hated that the characters on Seinfeld didn't often enough, which is probably why I wasn't a fan of that show. I found it too frustrating. Plus the arguments on Seinfeld were usually dumb stuff that could be resolved in about 2 minutes in real life, so that took me out of episodes too.

I like Seinfeld's standup in small doses, but couldn't sit through a 30 minute or half hour special. I probably could if it were Larry David though. Even on Curb, people are sometimes annoying, but at least he figures out ways around it, like in the episode where everyone is flying home in a private plane and the pilot needs to know everyone's weight. Nobody will tell Larry their weight. WTF is wrong with these people? Whose cares if everyone knows how much you weigh, self absorbed douches? So Larry resorts to getting the guess your weight guy at this carnival to get everyone's exact weight written down for the pilot. And then they somehow get pissed off at him. Like he had a choice.

In the same episode, they're on this island to go some old friend's wedding who clearly gives Larry the smallest hotel room. When he confronts him about it he of course won't admit to it and nobody else will say anything bad about the guy until the end when Jeff gets annoyed at the guy over something and then admits the guy is a jerk as well lol. This is all from last season. Best episode was probably the season opener when Larry decides to wear a MAGA hat in LA to get people to avoid him. It gets his friend Phil Rosenthal of Everybody Loves Raymond fame to end their lunch early, a couple sitting at the bar to get away from him and a biker he accidentally cuts off in traffic is suddenly nice to him

So yeah, skip Seinfeld and I'd say binge Curb. It's probably on HBO on Demand or Amazon Prime. I'll probably get the DVDs to check out whatever ones I missed.

Comment

yo one of my co-workers this pretty cute white chick was like u gotta check this show out and I was like hell naw im not feeling this old arse dude lol.

she's like no its funny as hell he's a real jerk to everyone and get ton of bad karma coming back at him. I was like that still dont appeal to me.

then she's like here borrow my dvd just watch the first few episodes and if im wrong im buy you lunch and if u im right and u laugh u owe me lunch.

I was like aiight easiest free lunch imma win then I watch it and then BOOM! Im a instant huge fan!

Larry David is the TRUTH!
        Ah, didn't see this before my other response. Yeah, Curb is funny af. Larry is not a jerk that often though. Most of the time other people are in the wrong though, which is what I like about the show. So far, my favorite episode was the one where the teen girls trick or treating spray paint his door and he hires an orchestra to play in his living room for his anniversary or to make up for missing his anniversary? And then he brings the musicians to the house of this guy he passed by earlier in the episode who got mad at him at a movie theater line for whistling Wagner, so he gets them to play Ride of the Valkyries on his front lawn. What made it the perfect ending was his daughter was the girl who spray painted his house

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
          I get where you were coming from as it’s probably the only show I ever watched starring his sort of character. Glad I gave it a chance though because like you I was pleasantly surprised.

Older I get, the more adaptable and experimental I become. Lately I’ve been finding a lot of cool stuff that I wouldn’t have when I was younger.
          I love his friend Leon too. Odds are we're either like Leon, known someone like him or need to know someone like him to get stuff done. Dude is cool. I need a cool dude like Leon in my life to talk to douche turds when s*** gets real like he talked to the contractors last season.

Comment

You all saw Martin Lawrence Doin Time Uncut Amazon?

Damn man im keeping it a buck Martin was not funny at all in this? WTF like he seemed rusty and like his timing was off or he was just doing his act on the fly?

In comparison to the other Legendary OG's Chris Rock and Chapelle and their most recent specials, Martins was weak AF!??

Its like he old as hell now and no longer got that hip inside feel to his stand up???

I don't know did any of u see it feel the same way?
            Uncut huh? Didn't know Martin Lawrence was uncut. I wonder if he's done any docking. Maybe while he was doing time.

Comment

was bout to say the same thing fam but forgot if she was in anything else. I think had they casted a less hot chick the movie wouldn't have worked like u wouldn't gave a F that Martin went back to mideviel times and all lol
              When he put back her clothes on, I yelled at the tv saying, "dude, tf are you doing? Please smash for all of us out here".

You are right, that nude scene is only reason I rewatched that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Well, was never a huge fan of Seinfeld, but love Curb Your Enthusiasm. But I think it's because it looks at everyday social norms and questions them. Like, why are things the way they are. Or talks about stuff we all deal with. Like women that are more attractive at some angles or some lights than others, close talkers, that little annoying stuff we've all encountered. I think Curb does it a lot better, maybe because the dialogue is improved and they just start scenes with a basic outline. It also shows what complete douchebags people can be. I love how Larry David gets back at them and hated that the characters on Seinfeld didn't often enough, which is probably why I wasn't a fan of that show. I found it too frustrating. Plus the arguments on Seinfeld were usually dumb stuff that could be resolved in about 2 minutes in real life, so that took me out of episodes too.

I like Seinfeld's standup in small doses, but couldn't sit through a 30 minute or half hour special. I probably could if it were Larry David though. Even on Curb, people are sometimes annoying, but at least he figures out ways around it, like in the episode where everyone is flying home in a private plane and the pilot needs to know everyone's weight. Nobody will tell Larry their weight. WTF is wrong with these people? Whose cares if everyone knows how much you weigh, self absorbed douches? So Larry resorts to getting the guess your weight guy at this carnival to get everyone's exact weight written down for the pilot. And then they somehow get pissed off at him. Like he had a choice.

In the same episode, they're on this island to go some old friend's wedding who clearly gives Larry the smallest hotel room. When he confronts him about it he of course won't admit to it and nobody else will say anything bad about the guy until the end when Jeff gets annoyed at the guy over something and then admits the guy is a jerk as well lol. This is all from last season. Best episode was probably the season opener when Larry decides to wear a MAGA hat in LA to get people to avoid him. It gets his friend Phil Rosenthal of Everybody Loves Raymond fame to end their lunch early, a couple sitting at the bar to get away from him and a biker he accidentally cuts off in traffic is suddenly nice to him

So yeah, skip Seinfeld and I'd say binge Curb. It's probably on HBO on Demand or Amazon Prime. I'll probably get the DVDs to check out whatever ones I missed.
                yeah bro totally feel u im fine with Seinfeld like if nothing else is on ill leave the tv on in the background but not once did I ever want to sit down and watch an entire episode and when I did watch the majority of one I was like ok but I never once laughed or thought wow thats hilarious never even once. so the fact that ton of people love the show and say its so funny im like wtf? its not funny at all.

one Issue I had on Seinfeld was everyone was already old and ugly. Like why is everyone looking like they are in their mid 50's? Shouldnt they be looking like they are in their late 20's or 30's at worst? Also everyone was ugly as if to make Jerry look more appealing on purpose?

I mean did they make George casted like that so he was in no way in competition or threat for Jerry? Did they cast ugly Kramer to make Jerry look like a leading man?

All the characters were awful too. Its not like you wanted to root for anyone on the show. When bad things happened to them it was like ok they got bad karma cuz they are jerks and idiots putting bad karma into the universe.

I'm fine with it being a hit and successful but when idiots say its the GOAT show and Jerry's the GOAT stand up comedian Im like WTF???????????

Comment

yeah bro totally feel u im fine with Seinfeld like if nothing else is on ill leave the tv on in the background but not once did I ever want to sit down and watch an entire episode and when I did watch the majority of one I was like ok but I never once laughed or thought wow thats hilarious never even once. so the fact that ton of people love the show and say its so funny im like wtf? its not funny at all.

one Issue I had on Seinfeld was everyone was already old and ugly. Like why is everyone looking like they are in their mid 50's? Shouldnt they be looking like they are in their late 20's or 30's at worst? Also everyone was ugly as if to make Jerry look more appealing on purpose?

I mean did they make George casted like that so he was in no way in competition or threat for Jerry? Did they cast ugly Kramer to make Jerry look like a leading man?

All the characters were awful too. Its not like you wanted to root for anyone on the show. When bad things happened to them it was like ok they got bad karma cuz they are jerks and idiots putting bad karma into the universe.

I'm fine with it being a hit and successful but when idiots say its the GOAT show and Jerry's the GOAT stand up comedian Im like WTF???????????
                  Yeah, that's why I said skip it and watch Curb, it's way better. Larry is only a jerk occasionally. And that show is actually funny. Using the guess your weight guy, the spite coffee shop, going to a restaurant and finding out he's being seated in the ugly section, etc. lol, good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X