• Show
Clear All

• Is Manny still an elite fighter?

Post and discuss
    yes
    50.94%
    no
    49.06%

Probably not at this point but he's still got something left.

We'd have to see him in there with a top guy to see.

He didn't look great against Horn, but Horn isn't as bad as people say and he did arguably win that fight.

Comment

no, hasnt been in a while BUT still able to beat a lot of the top ww's right now.

Comment

Yes he is. Even at 147. Those tree trunk legs, dense caveman bones, a refrined long crafted finesse in stopping people makes him a very dangerous power puncher. I think Spence is too dangerous but I'd like to see it. Realistically I'd want to see him fight Crawford, Loma or either Garcia

Comment

No, but he will give lots of guys a run for their money.

Won't beat Spence now though.

Comment

Lol I dont see a lot of "elite" fighters in the top ten that could beat him. Sure Bud could and Loma might be able to. But who else?

Comment

He's not claiming he's the best now. So can fight who he wants.
              But Luca is a wonderful scalp

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                Post and discuss
                Why didn’t you vote???

Comment

Not elite at 40 but experienced enough to compete to some extent with the best. My take on him vs Crawford, Spence, Garcia, and Thurman.

Starting with Spence. Okay, to me, the physical strength of Spence and the pressure would be too much for Pac. Pac starts off well winning 2-3 rounds but Spence makes it a physical fight and wears Pac down and stops him or if Pac is resourceful, he makes it to the distance but loses to Spence who is just too strong and powerful. Crawford. Too rangy and crafty and would stay out of Pac's range and box the whole way to a decision. Garcia. Pac is a bad style matchup for Garcia because you have to be in perfect range for Garcia's left hooks and Pac's in and out style would allow him to win comfortably by using the ring and angles. Peterson and Herrera beat Garcia, so would Pac. Thurman, while a physically strong fighter hasnt faced a mover like Pac and Pac would frustrate him and win a close decision unless he gets caught. Thurman needs to show he still has half the desire he once had or even the desire Pac has. The gap between Pac's obvious desire and Thurman's lack of desire is huge and could spell the difference.
                  Last edited by richardt; 07-15-2018, 04:09 PM.

Comment

He needs to retire after this solid win. He will probably lose if he steps up to fight those top guys

Comment

Working...
                    X