McGregor VS Mayweather won't break 1.5 mil..... here is why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    You barely got points bro.

How bout you don't post no silly sh^t for 90 days & I'll give you a quint for keeping the silly sh^t like this thread down to a minimum?

i made a logical analysis. you can come back with another perspective if you want.

Comment

I agree somehwhat by your points are flawed.

Mayweather-Berto did 500k because he was fighting an unranked, unknown fighter.

McGregor is a massive star like Floyd so as always star vs star equals big money.

Just look how the mainstream media have reacted to this fight. It's on every news outlet. I'm in Vegas at the moment and everyone is talking about it.

That said, I agree this fight won't beat the record. I think it will surpass 2 million but it won't do 4. Because the fact of the matter is it's a mismatch and that will hurt the buys to some degree.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        i made a logical analysis. you can come back with another perspective if you want.
        Sometimes it gets boring to logically breakdown bad opinions over n over to cats who never learn or are just doing poor trolling.

D- trolling btw if you aren't actually serious.

Comment

ya MAYBE. big MAYBE.

people thought Brock Lesnar was a sure 1 million PPV draw too.
          Bring over the wrestling fans. also the old UFC fans who wanted to see him come back etc.

when they brought him back. His PPV's tanked both times(Alistair and Hunt).

People are not THAT stupid.

The huge factor here is the fact that the latino fan base will be buying the Canelo-GGG PPV on the mexican holiday.

So Mayweather has greatly over-estimated himself. his success relied on the mexican holidays.
          difference here is, brock has fought in the ufc before, left and then came back. so aint nothing really special or interested about it.

where as for conor, he is crossing over to professional boxing. something he has never done before. this alone will cause interest. then add in he's fighting floyd. this fight will break 1 mil.
          Last edited by WesternChamp; 06-16-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Conor's UFC PPV buying fans consist of 1.5 million max. but a lot of them are writing this off as a loss.

they are not stupid enough to buy the hype
            . some are no doubt..... but the simple fact is this fight is seen as a joke by the majority.

agreed on the first part, but the interest of wanting to know how well conor does. will be enough to get them to buy the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              like it or not this fight will sell...maybe you should be giving your attention to GGG and Pacquiao
              looks like you're on it already so...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I agree somehwhat by your points are flawed.

Mayweather-Berto did 500k because he was fighting an unranked, unknown fighter.

McGregor is a massive star like Floyd so as always star vs star equals big money.

Just look how the mainstream media have reacted to this fight. It's on every news outlet. I'm in Vegas at the moment and everyone is talking about it.

That said, I agree this fight won't beat the record. I think it will surpass 2 million but it won't do 4. Because the fact of the matter is it's a mismatch and that will hurt the buys to some degree.

So you agree even Berto was less of a mismatch than this right? that fight also had the sentiment of retirement bout for Mayweather on top of the support from the latino fan base being on a mexican holiday.

So that fight was the true Mayweather draw on a latino holiday. 400K is the reported #.

I am giving Conor Mcgregor 1.1 mil PPV's on top of the 400K Mayweather buys.

the problem is I'm not even sure Conor can muster up that many PPV's. A lot of people know this is a cash grab. that's the problem.

Comment

Don't worry, Espinoza doesn't mind getting burned. I assume he's throwing away $100 mil for tbe's guarantee on this one. It's not his own money, so... He just love the glitter and prestige of it. I bet there'll be another dry season for Showtime after this fight.

Comment

The fight will sell well! But i think it was a mistake having the fight so soon, they should of scheduled it for November, and had a bigger press tour!

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                      The fight will sell well! But i think it was a mistake having the fight so soon, they should of scheduled it for November, and had a bigger press tour!
                      nope.. this fight will die out the longer they wait. plus add in the other boxing matches that will take place before nov. aint nobody is gonna buy floyd/conor if they bought the other matches already.

Comment

Working...
                      X