Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is $15,000,000 not enough to fight Canelo??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a very good offer.

He's not going to get anything better than 70/30 in a split (nor should he), so I don't know what they are expecting. They cry about not getting big fights then turn down huge money for the biggest fight in boxing and a chance to become a superstar.

Comment

1) Canelo didn't make 5M vs. Cotto. That was the guarantee. Cotto got a higher guarantee purse specifically because he was getting a lower PPV purse split.
      2) I've said this months ago, none of what you hear for the next 3 months means anything. Whether Golden Boy says they are now offering $25K, or K2 saying they want $100M, it means jack ****. Real negotiations wont start until May. You're just b1tching for the sake of b1tching right now.
      3) Use your head. There's a reason why GBP is offering flat fees for the JCC/Canelo Mexican rivalry or GGG/Canelo, which is the biggest fight in boxing. They know it's a GREAT deal for them. Pac was also offered a flat fee for Mayweather, he rejected and ending up making ~4x more.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieHearn View Post
        Depends how much Canelo is making...
        The fight split should be 50-50 or 60-40 in Canelo favour it shouldn't be 20-80 no matter how good the money is GGG and HBO along with Golovkin team have worked their arses off getting him where he is at right now they've done wonders with promoting him, getting him the fights, getting him all the belts that Canelo would be fighting for, getting him all these branded licenses so ummm is Canelo and GBP under paying him with that offer?
        Perhaps definitely so.

I mean I disagreed completely with Ward earning more than Kovalev, seriously why would Ward get a bigger pay package?
        Ward is less knowm, less liked, didn't hold the belt at the time...
        kathy duva said she didnt have jay z type of money
        Or that kind of money to offer kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          2) I've said this months ago, none of what you hear for the next 3 months means anything. Whether Golden Boy says they are now offering $25K, or K2 saying they want $100M, it means jack ****. Real negotiations wont start until May. You're just b1tching for the sake of b1tching right now.
          It's normally better to ignore all this stuff and just check back in when the fight is announced. I did that with Kovalev-Ward and saved myself a lot of grief.

Kind of unavoidable for this fight if you're going to be on NSB though.

Comment

15M may not be optimal but seems fair IMHO.

GGG should take the money and go beat Canelito, and get 80-20 on the rematch.

Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
              15M may not be optimal but seems fair IMHO.

GGG should take the money and go beat Canelito, and get 80-20 on the rematch.

Easy.
              If it gets to a point where it's $15m or no fight, then they should take the money. If the PPV does well then they'll have been shafted but if he wins it won't matter that much. They'll make plenty more afterwards.

Comment

The most boring superfight of the century was worth $700 million?

Fans are sick of that crap and boxing suffered as a consequence. And now they're hungry for real action-packed fights.

That's why Canelo vs Golovkin is not just something to sneeze at. Fans want real fights. And this is it. You gotta be an idiot to accept a mere flat fee for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  They took a flat fee for the Brook fight.
                  A fight that had a 50-50 split aprox in purses. Let's make Canelo vs GGG have a 50-50 purse and we can accept a flat fee. What would it be? 40 millions for each? ok offer that.

You fail to see the obvious everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    They took a flat fee for the Brook fight.
                    Not so. Brook got the A side split of the Sky PPV income - according to Hearn, he was on the same percentage as AJ - and GGG got the A side share of the US and worldwide income.

And I presume they both had a mimimum guarantee from their own promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      If it gets to a point where it's $15m or no fight, then they should take the money. If the PPV does well then they'll have been shafted but if he wins it won't matter that much. They'll make plenty more afterwards.
                      True, with 9 months minimum negotaiting time there's no reason for either side to accept any first offer from the other.

Also, $15million for GGG is just a rumour. Nobody knows for sure if it's correct, or what strings are attached. And an offer for a fight more than a year down the line has got to have strings attached.

Comment

Working...
                      X