No announcement yet.

about carbs for boxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about carbs for boxing...

i have been training and dieting for about five weeks now, and for some reason i find it pretty much impossible to get away from carbs. Can someone give me some good examples of meals that are great for you, but low in carbs. so far all i eat is turkey burgers, salads, chicken, and sandwiches....most of which contain to many carbs for my taste,
    any help would be fully appreciated!!
    Thanks a Bunch

chicken, turkey, and fish

Comment

add a lot of vegetables to a lean protein source. veggies have carbs but they arent the kind of carbs that affect insulin.

try grilling 6-8oz of salmon, sirloin, or chicken
      with 2-3 servings of spinach sauteed with garlic, lemon juice, with parmesan cheese

OR

you could buy the cook book gourmet nutrition by dr. john berardi. Theres a bunch of really good and creative way to make meals without the starchy carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by cibola4 View Post
        i have been training and dieting for about five weeks now, and for some reason i find it pretty much impossible to get away from carbs. Can someone give me some good examples of meals that are great for you, but low in carbs. so far all i eat is turkey burgers, salads, chicken, and sandwiches....most of which contain to many carbs for my taste,
        any help would be fully appreciated!!
        Thanks a Bunch
        ummm you need carbs to train.........if you're training seriously you will completely flop out kif you have been eating low carb meals

Comment

Originally posted by mkm88414 View Post
          add a lot of vegetables to a lean protein source. veggies have carbs but they arent the kind of carbs that affect insulin.

try grilling 6-8oz of salmon, sirloin, or chicken
          with 2-3 servings of spinach sauteed with garlic, lemon juice, with parmesan cheese

OR

you could buy the cook book gourmet nutrition by dr. john berardi. Theres a bunch of really good and creative way to make meals without the starchy carbs.
          thank you very much...that is sure to help me out so ill check it out...
          by the way Hajime No Ippo KicKS so much Ass hahah.

Comment

carbs are definitely needed for training but if you concentrate them to a period during workout and postworkout and have less carb intake the rest of the meals i think fat loss and muscle maintenance can be optimized.

that being said, isnt there value in going straight up low carb in the last phase of weight cutting? I'm new to boxing but i know about weight cutting from wrestling and theres no way i couldve made weight without cutting carbs. did it make me feel like ****? yes.

also,
            hajime no ippo does kick a lot of ass

Comment

Eat lots of chicken!!!! I used to do a lot of hard boiled eggs too and just eat the egg whites. Even egg white omlettes are really good.

I used to eat some oatmeal in the morning with some egg whites. Then i'd eat pure protein for lunch with some fruit. Then I'd workout and try not to eat any carbs for dinner except for what there was in a glass of milk.

Lost a crap load of weight and got ripped. Make sure you're eating enough carbs though so you're not getting light headed during your workout. That's why I ate most of mine before my work out.

Comment

LOW FAT COTTAGE CHEESE!!!! best **** ever, high protein low carb low fat. i crush a 500g tub each day over 5 meals and keeps me strong without gaining weight

Comment

Working...
                X