Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ohara Davies Pulled From Show After Social Media Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont be naive! Hearns wants to milk this and build it up to a $$$ FIGHT now!

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Yeah exactly, he’s said much worse in the past, especially what he said about Robbie Davies Jr’s severely ill father, that was disgusting, I don’t remember Hearn or Sky having any sort of moral compass then.
      I missed those comments but I’m under no illusions as to what kind of person Ohara Davis is lol.

Comment

Political correctness reaching into boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Wrong. Nike, an American multinational company, kicked Pac to the curb for what he said about gays. HBO even apologized for it. Meanwhile, AJ says something straight racist and Fury trashes women and Jews and people in the uk look the other way.

Tyson pulled his stunts almost 30 years ago. Don't pretend Americans are given free reign. Look how Floyd was treated (and rightfully so) after his domestic abuse. It's a really politically correct environment now. Even Broner got himself in hot water for the "meci-can" comment, which wasn't even as offensive as it was just stupid.
          I don't think your examples really support your argument. Fury says anti-gay things and gets publicly criticised on every UK TV channel and has to make a public apology. Mayweather says anti-gay, racist things and beats multiple women multiple times and is the biggest star in US boxing history. This adds up to UK fans being the ones who look the other way?

Seems to me in the UK and US there are stars who can do shitty things and still have fans loyally support them.

Did the US media or fans focus much on Wilder being a woman beater? Nope, even though that's worse than the comments Fury made, Fury got far more public and media criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            I don't think your examples really support your argument. Fury says anti-gay things and gets publicly criticised on every UK TV channel and has to make a public apology. Mayweather says anti-gay, racist things and beats multiple women multiple times and is the biggest star in US boxing history. This adds up to UK fans being the ones who look the other way?

Seems to me in the UK and US there are stars who can do shitty things and still have fans loyally support them.

Did the US media or fans focus much on Wilder being a woman beater? Nope, even though that's worse than the comments Fury made, Fury got far more public and media criticism.
            You're painting things to favor your argument. Mayweather isn't some beloved star. Lol. He had a very hard time getting sponsors because of the things he said and did and half the people buying his ppvs we're hoping to see him lose his 0.

BJS has said more vile things than Mayweather but, as someone else said, the British are so eager to have winners that they'll look the other way. This is a cultural thing. America loves to eat it's own while the British support their own.

Also, though I've been critical of Wilder's situation, I don't think you even understand what that was about just based on how you described it.

Comment

As someone from Liverpool who knew people affected by this tragedy, just saying “the sun is his favourite newspaper” isn’t that offensive. Ohara is a disrespectful, classless wannabe but he’s done nothing wrong, reading or working with the sun is not a crime. The cheek of c*nts like Hearn as well, Hearn’s worked with and written for the sun several times and the likes of Liam Smith piping up, his promoter writes a ****ing column in the sun���� I seen Bellew sitting on the fence as well the b*tch. I strongly dislike Ohara, one of the main reasons I traveled up to Glasgow was to watch Taylor smash that thick c*nt up but he’s being made a scapegoat of here. AJ has even done numerous interviews with the sun yet Hearn and Bellew worship him, ****ing hypocrites.
              In all seriousness this tragedy happened in 1989, people here need to move on by forgetting this vendetta towards an irrelevant news story and just remember there loved ones that were affected by this tragedy. This whole anti-sun thing is tedious now.

I do actually genuinely think Davies is a bit thick and probably not even fully aware of the story. He wasn't even born when it happened and although it's had a lot of news coverage at times ever since, i'd say a lot of people around his age aren't fully aware of the details.

As for the other fighters, i completely agree. The Sun is an awful paper but people only distance themselves from it when it suits them. An old mate of mine from Liverpool always boycotted the sun, wouldn't even pick it up. Then they published a review of his bands album...he soon bought a copy of the paper then.

Like Liam Smith, he can say what he wants about it but he still gets paid from a man that writes columns for it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                I do actually genuinely think Davies is a bit thick and probably not even fully aware of the story. He wasn't even born when it happened and although it's had a lot of news coverage at times ever since, i'd say a lot of people around his age aren't fully aware of the details.

As for the other fighters, i completely agree. The Sun is an awful paper but people only distance themselves from it when it suits them. An old mate of mine from Liverpool always boycotted the sun, wouldn't even pick it up. Then they published a review of his bands album...he soon bought a copy of the paper then.

Like Liam Smith, he can say what he wants about it but he still gets paid from a man that writes columns for it.
                Exactly, Barry Hearn is a columnist in the sun as well. They’re all being very hypocritical. Eddie Hearn has been fine promoting PED cheats, People making light of gang rape- “I’ll sell that on PPV”, idiots throwing tables-“helps sell the fight” and then a fighter hypothetically talks about doing an interview with the sun and that’s deemed too far and he’s removed from the show. The whole saga has been embarrassing and pathetic on both sides.
                I personally don’t buy the sun myself but I don’t carry this silly vendetta against anyone who chooses to associate themselves with the paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                  I missed those comments but I’m under no illusions as to what kind of person Ohara Davis is lol.
                  Yeah he’s a idiot, I actually met in Liverpool after the Farrell fight, he’s very, very, very slow. I hadn’t even gone the boxing, I was going on a night out and bumped into him outside a club, me and my friends started ripping him about quitting vs Taylor and he literally couldn’t understand what was going on. I actually think he’s autistic or something

Comment

Young dumb kid says something dumb on twitter.

Let me write a long winded response about PC culture and how its ruining boxing.

Comment

Eddie Hearn has been fine promoting PED cheats, People making light of gang rape- “I’ll sell that on PPV”, idiots throwing tables-“helps sell the fight” and then a fighter hypothetically talks about doing an interview with the sun and that’s deemed too far and he’s removed from the show.
                      Hearn also said in an interview that he thinks PED users should get permanent bans, or the option should be looked at but Dillian Whyte has served a ban and he promotes him.

I'm not a Hearn basher like many but he's just as big a hypocrite as anyone else out there. Pulling Davies off the show is a bit rich when you consider some people he has promoted. Davies has just been an idiot and hit on a sensitive issue without probably even knowing the backlash it was going to cause because he's a bit dim.

Hearn tried to say that Joshua's "superior black race" thing wasn't even a real account until it was pointed out it was, then Hearn just swept it under the carpet. Same as David Haye likening a fight to a gang rape live on Sky Sports at a presser etc.

These could all be sensitive issues to people but if they're said by fighters that make money, it will get played down and swept aside. In that sense, it's a bit **** on Davies to get pulled from the card, there's no consistency.
                      Last edited by TheBigLug; 01-02-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X