Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Queen, 60 years reign. Diamond Jubilee.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you not know what worship means?

At no part of the day or night do we take time to thank or even remember the Queen. Her & Royal family are just there and are only celebrated on certain occasions such as the jubilee.

They hold no power any more and are merely just souvenirs from the past. There are certain traditions in place that require you to show a lot of respect when greeting or addressing a member of the family but that's as far as it goes.

If you don't live where a monarchy resides then you can't understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      So why would you worship someone who sees you as nothing but scum?

LOL what a dumb post, it's not like she unknowingly sat next to a dictator in the cafeteria, she invited the guy to her palace so she obviously holds him in high regard.
      It was lunch, you're looking too much into it. Having lunch with a girl in your home doesn't mean she is ****ing you. The guy has a point, it is politics.

So, do you think soldiers do more than her?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Do you not know what worship means?

At no part of the day or night do we take time to thank or even remember the Queen. Her & Royal family are just there and are only celebrated on certain occasions such as the jubilee.

They hold no power any more and are merely just souvenirs from the past. There are certain traditions in place that require you to show a lot of respect when greeting or addressing a member of the family but that's as far as it goes.

If you don't live where a monarchy resides then you can't understand.
        Making a thread to celebrate someone constitutes worshipping these days.

This light speed has probably made a thread on someone.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            Who gives a fuk. I find monarchies so degrading to the rest of us. Because she was born in some inbred family, we are to exalt her as some special person to be admired and worshiped.

Fuk that old b1tch.
            She does a great job, works very hard. So what if it's inherited? At least she grows up with a real sense of responsibility and care for her subjects. It's a duty first, privilege second.

The hatred towards the monarchy is misplaced. Go and hate on some heiress like Tamara Ecclestone or whatever she's called who inherits millions without any sense of responsibility. At least the Queen is doing a job, and a demanding one at that. She definitely does not 'sit on her arse'. There are luxuries of course, but who really gives a damn?

For the record I ain't one of those people who goes out celebrating the jubilee or the royal wedding.
            Last edited by rorymac; 06-08-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
              Diana was with an Arab. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                She does a great job, works very hard. So what if it's inherited? At least she grows up with a real sense of responsibility and care for her subjects. It's a duty first, privilege second.

The hatred towards the monarchy is misplaced. Go and hate on some heiress like Tamara Ecclestone or whatever she's called who inherits millions without any sense of responsibility. At least the Queen is doing a job, and a demanding one at that. She definitely does not 'sit on her arse'. There are luxuries of course, but who really gives a damn?

For the record I ain't one of those people who goes out celebrating the jubilee or the royal wedding.
                Explain to me what she does that has serious implications on England's politics or people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Explain to me what she does that has serious implications on England's politics or people.
                  Well nowadays the monarchy is more of a token role I agree. Still, she has weekly meetings with the Prime Minister (and she is far more influential than most people think. PMs have a lot of respect for her advice as she's seen it all). The rest of her work is diplomatic - dealing with foreign leaders etc.

Comment

• What exactly is wrong with having a monarchy?

Not flaming, just asking.

Comment

• So my point is proven, she does nothing....

Awesome

Comment

Working...
                      X