Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you give Pacquiao credit if he beats Thurman, and vice versa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of Course! Good Fight!

Comment

Thurman did look lousy last fight but he was very rusty. He is still Thurman, still not that old and still the champ. Of course I give the winner credit for beating a very good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
        If Pacquiao manages to beat One Time will you guys actually give Pac any credit for that win? I see a lot of people saying that Pac only picked Thurman based on his last fight but aren't even acknowledging the fact that he has the best resume out of Spence and Crawford. Thurman is the most proven WW. Also, Pac is at that stage in his career where he doesn't need to be fighting the Top guys at WW so I don't get why people still have the audacity to call this a "cherry pick" fight.

If Thurman beats Pacquiao in convincing manner then that should also be considered as a great win for him and would solidify his status as the the top guy in the division. He would have a legends name on his resume.

Both should be commended for making this fight happen. Hoping for it to be an entertaining barnburner and may the best man win.
        Of Course either will get credit for the win. Pac and Thurman are still top 5 WW's. And just look at who the other WW's have been fighting. Bums.

Comment

Why do people always ask this sh^t before a fight these days?

I mean its all relative first off. We don't even know how whoever is gonna win is gonna win. Maybe they WON'T deserve credit for it for some reason. Maybe it'll be some weird foul or injury. Maybe we'll feel like the guy who lost was robbed. Maybe we'll just feel like it was a close fight either guy coulda won so both deserve some credit.

And second lets not pretend like there isn't sh^t that lowers the value of a W. Keith did look extremely beatable in moments in his last fight. And Manny is well beyond that 15 fight win streak that took him from 130 to 147 & made him what he is today & largely historically to the sport. Since then he's 7-4 (although he should be 8-3 cuz that Tim L was bs). This ain't the same Manny of his prime. And it shouldn't be he's 40 years old & this is a young mans game.

So OBVIOUSLY Thurman beating a 40 year old Manny who's lost 4 of his last 11 fights isn't gonna be seen as impressive a feat as it mighta been in the past. And like I said there is even critiques one can have with Manny beating Thurman if that happens cuz of how Thurman looked last time out & his surgeries & his 2 years outta boxing.

Like it or not those are the realities for whoever wins this fight potentially.

Comment

Funny. This is a crossroads fight between two TOP 5 guys in the division. Normally crossroads are for gatekeepers/ old contenders

Comment

Thurman gets no credit. If you are an elite fighter still in your athletic prime(30) you shouldn't be losing to a 40 year old. A 40 year old with over 60 fights at that. Dont give a **** who that 40 year old is.

Comment

Yes of course, however a bunch of people wont because of "agendas" Its a great fight and probably one im looking forward to the most this year

Comment

Beating Thurman isn't going to move Pac up on my ATG list if that's what you're asking

Comment

thurman doesn't look as good as he used to, but he's still a top 3-5 welterweight in the world. he'd probably be the favorite.

it would be a good win. pacquiao is old as hell and he's a heck of a lot smaller. thurman fought at 154 for a while, he's not a tiny WW by any stretch.

Comment

Pac is not from this era/generation...how can you not give him credit for beating a undefeated world champ from this era/generation?!?...Pac shouldn’t be able to compete with these lions on their worst day!!...boxing is a young man’s sport...Pac has mileage!!...Gotta give the legend credit!!

Comment

Working...
                      X