The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

This is why football is great tbh.

Nothing can touch the euphoria of a last minute winner. Absolutely nowt.
    I'd prefer a blow job, but that's just me I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      I'd prefer a blow job, but that's just me I guess.
      You celebrate like that when someone gobbles you off?

lol

Tbh, it is the combination of booze, a massive game, being really, really present in just that moment and then it reaching it's crescendo.

So I suppose it is like getting a blowie. But with a bit of fellowship involved.

Also it is just nice to absolutely lose your s.hit once in a while.

Comment

• Rashford under Mourinho, may end up being a late bloomer. Despite jumping on scene at 19.

England aren't awe inspiring but if anything, I think they'll be consistent.

Schit, England actually look like they're being managed by Conte. The only difference is, the England players actually have heart and tenacity to play all 90 mins.

Chelsea players will either turn off after 45 mins or simply can't keep up pressure for 90 mins like Trippier and the lot are currently doing.

Comment

• Trippier is becoming some player tbh. Probably England's most effective player other than Harry Kane.

Rashford to me is another one whose brain can't really catch up with his feet sometimes. Which is normal because he's young.

But the media trying to turn Rashford into a talismanic figure is a bit off. I doubt within the actual England group they're relying on him to do that much.

Really Trippier, Kane, Lingard, and Ashley Young were England's most effective players. I'd argue RLC had a bigger impact than Rashford too.

I'm excited about RLC to be fair. One of the main reasons I want Conte sacked at Chelsea. Conte is clueless when it comes to playing him. Long term RLC could be far more significant to Chelsea than Conte.

Comment

Trippier is becoming some player tbh. Probably England's most effective player other than Harry Kane.

Rashford to me is another one whose brain can't really catch up with his feet sometimes. Which is normal because he's young.

But the media trying to turn Rashford into a talismanic figure is a bit off. I doubt within the actual England group they're relying on him to do that much.

Really Trippier, Kane, Lingard, and Ashley Young were England's most effective players. I'd argue RLC had a bigger impact than Rashford too.

I'm excited about RLC to be fair. One of the main reasons I want Conte sacked at Chelsea. Conte is clueless when it comes to playing him. Long term RLC could be far more significant to Chelsea than Conte.
            Trippier was schooled well by Dyche and it's carried over to Spurs were he's been really good and probably better under Poch

I was going to that to you -

Cahill - plays for Chelsea regularly
            RLC - hardly plays

Guess which one was on the bench and which one was brilliant lol RLC has to start playing

Comment

Yeah Kane just has that ability to relax in front of goal.

I'd play Vardy ahead of Rashford tbh. Rashford isn't a good finisher himself. Yet. He might improve. Someone like Diego Costa isn't really a natural finisher but he plays percentages and will smash a ball if an angle is tight or dink a ball if a keeper is close.

The amount of times England couldn't get a clean connection on the ball was wild.

Lingard has a very good attitude to the game. His finishing tonight was haywire though. I just don't have any faith that he will score given the chances.

Both him and Sterling do put themselves in there though. But I am struggling to think of a worse finisher than Raheem Sterling.

I think Alli's short comings are more apparent at International level where possession is vital. He just doesn't seem too aware of his positioning or players around him a lot of the time when a defence is set and the play isn't broken.

He loses the ball more than any other England player imo. Someone like RLC might not be a goal threat but in real terms he is just point blank a better footballer than Delle Alli. More aware of the game around him, can carry the ball better, has greater physicality. RLC's draw back is that he gasses.

I'd start him every game and take him off on 70 mins and sub him with either Delph or Sterling depending on the game situation.

Lingard should still start I think. He was extremely wasteful and I don't really have any confidence in him in front of goal but he is a trier and plays with great heart and makes excellent runs from deep beyond Harry Kane.

Delle Alli has fleeting moments of inspiration. I just don't particularly rate him.

I agree with a lot of that. Sterling has shown last season he can finish though, but i suppose the amount of chances city create, the law of averages suggests that he is going to get a few. But as i said, we've always been crying out to play in form players and he has had a good season. I'd have no qualms about replacing him though.

I guess it's the same with many players, they're surrounded by other top players at their clubs but when it's time for them to be the main men, you see their flaws more. I do rate Alli, but i think it's evident that Christian Eriksen is the man at Tottenham that often provides the creativity. It think it shows we have some good options though when it's a debate if Dele Alli should start or not.

I'd like to see Vardy play and i think he definitely should against sides that will dominate possession and we rely more on counter attacks, he would be the best option. I think for the way we set up today though and the way Tunisia did, it's not really the right game for Vardy. Also, i never considered the position Sterling is playing to be intended as a striker role, even if he is high up the pitch. With Vardy being more of an out and out striker, i think that changes the shape of the team. I think they know Kane is the main man, so are tailoring the formation to get the best out of Kane like at Spurs, rather than having playing with another out and out striker.

I can see Vardy having a part to play once we meet teams that are more confident in attacking us and playing higher up the pitch. He'll cause some damage if we're quick on the counters.

I was very impressed with Trippier. Looked confident all the way through. Didn't look like a player with just 8 caps and never played at a world cup. Harry Maguire looked nervy at first but grew into the game.
              Last edited by TheBigLug; 06-18-2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Yeah Vardy would be ace against Germany if they play like they did the other day.

Against smaller teams you're right I think because you do want a target to pin defenders back and let runners go beyond him. To be fair, tactically Sterling might be important in making that system work with his pace and because he can pull wide naturally. Kane would be forced to do that if Vardy was playing which takes him further away from goal.

Shame Wilf Zaha chose Ivory Coast. He'd be golden in this system.

Comment

• People make fun of Concacaf for being a weak conference, and granted, Panama is a terrible team (technically shouldn't be there) but what about Africa and Asia?
                  4 African teams played already and not only do they have 0 points they've scored only 1 goal.
                  Asia has had 3 teams play and only due to an own goal, iran has 3 points.
                  7 teams, 1w 0d 6L

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                    People make fun of Concacaf for being a weak conference, and granted, Panama is a terrible team (technically shouldn't be there) but what about Africa and Asia?
                    4 African teams played already and not only do they have 0 points they've scored only 1 goal.
                    Asia has had 3 teams play and only due to an own goal, iran has 3 points.
                    7 teams, 1w 0d 6L
                    Asia always been the worst confederation don't think anyone ever said they're better than CONCACAF

African football it's in the worst state it's been in my lifetime Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal are in dire state even Nigeria you know you're bad when Mikel and Victor Moses are your best players

Comment

• Loftus-Cheek and Rashford has to start. Sterling is dog ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X