• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    Context matters.
    So does bias.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      I'm willing to bet the split will be nowhere near 55/45. Canelo's just done another million PPV's and used that stage to promote this fight...he'll be taking over 60%.

Canelo has had one fight at 160 or 160+, now he's fighting Golovkin. Adjusting to the weight with one fight is hardly a crime; people were quick to call Golden Boy liars about the fight happening in September, now that it's done they still complain.

BJS isn't fighting anyone, he just talks about it.
      I ... GGG/Canelo was signed before Plod even fought Chavev, so how could the PPV numbers for Canelo/Chavez have influenced GGG's purse split?

2 ... Golovkin wasn't trying to force a purse bid with Canelo and he wouldn't have got 45% even if he did. I've told you that at least 5 times now but you just keep talking the same bull**** and never post any evidence to back it up.

3 ... BJS recieved an offer from K2 to fight GGG in Kazakhstan in June and he agreed to all Loeffler's terms, but Golovkin pulled out of the negotiations.

4 .. Your trolling of GGG is getting very tired and predictable.

Comment

• 2015 poll

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          So does bias.
          Hard to deal with facts huh? A resume on paper looks great to a casual fan like you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            This ^. Canelo is solid, even good at some things, but exceptional at nothing..
            Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
            Agreed. just pure boxing. I just can't see the fight lasting 12.
            I believe
            Canelo has more in his armada, much more moves he puts in the scene. Pretty good with each one but nothing is perfected to be talked of particularly.
            Whereas
            GGG is a boxing minimalist, he puts in practice several moves but perfected.

Comment

• Golovkin stops Canelo in the championship rounds.

Comment

• Surprised the majority are saying Canelo is getting steamrolled.

I think GGG has the edge, but I wouldn't exactly call it an open and shut case. Canelo has never been knocked down and hurt very few times in his career (Jose Cotto eons ago). He also fights more favorably against fighters that come to HIM.

I understand that the Chavez fight should have no bearing in forecasting how he'll perform against GGG, but Canelo has shown in the past that he has above average defense and (at least in 2013-2014), his +/- percentage was third only to Floyd Mayweather and Andre Ward.

At the time being, I'm still favoring GGG while waiting on the contract stipulations, but I'd like to think that Canelo has the skills, toughness, and heart to hang in there for the long haul and make his country proud, even if he loses.

I can't look at this and envision someone like Canelo just rolling over and being taken out of there like Brook. No way in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                  Surprised the majority are saying Canelo is getting steamrolled.

I think GGG has the edge, but I wouldn't exactly call it an open and shut case. Canelo has never been knocked down and hurt very few times in his career (Jose Cotto eons ago). He also fights more favorably against fighters that come to HIM.

I understand that the Chavez fight should have no bearing in forecasting how he'll perform against GGG, but Canelo has shown in the past that he has above average defense and (at least in 2013-2014), his +/- percentage was third only to Floyd Mayweather and Andre Ward.

At the time being, I'm still favoring GGG while waiting on the contract stipulations, but I'd like to think that Canelo has the skills, toughness, and heart to hang in there for the long haul and make his country proud, even if he loses.

I can't look at this and envision someone like Canelo just rolling over and being taken out of there like Brook. No way in hell.
                  Brook didn't roll over, he got his eye socket smashed in.

Also looking at plus minus from 2014 isn't going to help considering he fought punch bags like Angulo during that time.

He's going to land some great counters and flashy punches, but he's also going to realize they're not doing much to deter the constant jabs to the face and hooks to the body. As the fight goes later Canelo will begin to lose his reaction times and stamina from the constant pressure (just like Khan did to an extent) and Golovkin will begin to land punches to the head and body he wasn't able to in the first few rounds. I expect Canelo to be gassed and on the back foot like he was in the later stages vs Angulo, except he's going to be battered and bruised at the same time. In desperation he'll go to the ropes a few times, as he always does when he needs a breather and Golvokin will work him over.
                  Last edited by T18Z; 05-11-2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paragonpony View Post
                    I am surprised that so many people think that Canelo has no shot?
                    GGG is easy to hit and that has been apparent lately. Canelo has very good defense, and it continues to get better.
                    This fight is simple in my mind. If Canelo can keep from getting hurt "Getting caught and then punished on the ropes in a 30 second period" then Canelo outpoints GGG.
                    Thing is both these guys are tailor made for each other. Both have a shot but the power edge to GGG may be the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by G G G View Post
                      Golovkin stops him within 4.
                      I say multiply that number by 2

Comment

Working...
                      X