Tired of Boxes Saying: "Its up to my promoter"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
    that was funny

but back to the thread. it is bull**** in the case of the top fighters in the sport who say "its up to my promoter"

the promoter can always recommend what fights to take but when you are a top draw or a fighter that has a network paying for your fights (or both) the fighter is in the driver seat
    Perfectly said the only ones who can really call the shots today if they wanted to are: Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, and Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleHardened View Post
      Bull. its ultimately up to the fighter who he wants to fight.

Just a random thought.
      Floyd having total control of who he fights and when he fights = Vacation

Comment

Just a random thought.
        what u wanna do? ban them from saying that line.

fighters will say what they want so will promoters.

Comment

Just a random thought.

Unfortunately all I mean ALL boxers want to fight the champion for the belt and other goodies that comes with it.But unfortunately some promoter or managers do not have the capacity or "power" to make them happen.And the champions have the comfort of only fighting where it is financially,physically,safely beneficial to their career.

Comment

I thought that was Pac' patented quote...

Comment

Originally posted by Blubba View Post
              what u wanna do? ban them from saying that line.

fighters will say what they want so will promoters.
              You cant ban them but I would like for Kellerman or Merchant :

Max: Who do you want fight next?
              Boxer: Its up to my handlers
              Max: (angrily) Cut the **** insert name . WHo do you want to fight?

Who you want to fight is what makes mega fights. Leave that high road in the amateurs. Its not like they have to talk ****. Just answer the question honestly. Thats why I like Bradley. Once he got his foot in the door he answered the question straight.

Comment

agreed............

Comment

i dont like it either but at the end of the day fighters are disposable and so they need to get on the promoters good side if to get a shot at making a name for themselfs and some money in the process.

u cant blame the fighters, if TS thinks its the fighters choice who they fight you are wrong. the biggest names earn that privelage but the majority of fighters out there even at the top of the sport need their promoters if they are to get fight at all.

making a fight isnt just "wanna fight?", "sure, lets sign the contract". getting a network to put up money, getting an arena and selling the fight is all in the promoters hands and he can only make so many cards a year. go to top rank or DKP's website and see the fighters they have under contract then check out how often some of them fight. u hear all teh time about fighters staying inactive bcuz their promoter wont make fights for them but they are under contract so they cant fight for anyone else either. they are left sitting there watching their best years go by and not earning a living either.

boxers are always in competition not just in the ring but for the chance to get there in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                  X