Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Should Be The Year Of The 4k Resolution Boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure how realistic that'd be but I'd definitely be down for a premium 4K stream online. Only if it's in 60fps though. I would honestly take 60fps 1080p over 4K at 24-30.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefist View Post
      I'm not sure how realistic that'd be but I'd definitely be down for a premium 4K stream online. Only if it's in 60fps though. I would honestly take 60fps 1080p over 4K at 24-30.
      4k stream online in realtime now is not possible, at least not a live one. 60fps in 4K no way. That bandwidth is too far away for anything live. For a replay stream sure. However it all depends on on the 4k bandwidth rate and compression for realtime. I'm sure a proxy format is doable.

I do agree with the 1080p 60hz. Look at the PBC replays on Youtube. Smooth detailed 60fps HD. Better than anything arouns. Look how good the DeMarco and Figueroa Jr. bout looks. No wonder why rogue trolls hate on PBC!

Comment

50 inch 4k is the biggest you should go. Anything bigger still looks like 1080.

Here's what I have.

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN50JU7100FXZA
        Last edited by Santa_; 12-31-2015, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          4k stream online in realtime now is not possible, at least not a live one. 60fps in 4K no way. That bandwidth is too far away for anything live. For a replay stream sure. However it all depends on on the 4k bandwidth rate and compression for realtime. I'm sure a proxy format is doable.

I do agree with the 1080p 60hz. Look at the PBC replays on Youtube. Smooth detailed 60fps HD. Better than anything arouns. Look how good the DeMarco and Figueroa Jr. bout looks. No wonder why rogue trolls hate on PBC!
          Just checked that out and will have to say that should be the new standard.

Comment

No, I want 120/144 fps boxing. We need super smooth motion.

And resolution is not even problem. Cable/Satellite companies need to stop giving us such ****ty compressed feeds.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
              Right, Im tired of watching boxing on this crappy ass 1080 quality, I NEED 4k!

IDGAF even if it 4k scaled down to 1080 still better quality than 1080!
              would you really want to see something like this in 4k?

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I watched Mayweather-Pacquiao in full HD. Do they really only broadcast in 720p? Can't be true. If true someone needs to be fired asap.
                Most cable providers are barely catching up to 1080p. The majority of tv runs at a native resolution of 720p. Your tv will try and upscale to 1080 but still isn't true Full HD. Not worth the investment in 4k for another couple of years until more content is available. It would be pretty sweet to see boxing in 4k tho.

Comment

Also, 4k is already here. Too bad PBC doesn't know how to interlace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMARLmdFsFg

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Also, 4k is already here. Too bad PBC doesn't know how to interlace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMARLmdFsFg
                    I hate PBC they dont deinterlace their shit so its not even watchable to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X