No announcement yet.

Nick Diaz doping violation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Then they should just make weed legal, since it's not performance enhancing and leave these guys the hell alone.
    Like I said the problem is no one is pushing the cause so its not changing til someone does. That USADA guy was all put begging for someone to try to change things like a year or two ago.

And there is an opposing argument that it can enhance performance by increasing your pain threshold. I think the anti-weed guys would even suggest it makes you less nervous/more relaxed although to me thats hardly much of an enhancement.

Comment

The problem is hardly anybody pushes anything these days and that's why the people usually end up with laws and policies they don't want. That and some people/en****** having way too much power that goes unchecked (e.g. banks, oil companies, profit based pharmaceuticals and prisons). I know I'm getting a little off topic, but I feel something like this is a symptom of what's going on. I believe it was George Carlin who used to say we just have the illusion of choice and not rights, but privileges, since they can so easily be taken away and Bill Hicks who said the stance of the government is pretty much "You are free to do as we tell you." I don't claim to know all that much about politics though, just read a lot and watch a lot of comics.

So a guy like Nick Diaz is like screw it, if I want to smoke weed I will and I don't even care if it costs me fights or my career anymore. He and his brother seem like the kind of guys that don't care about breaking rules that don't make any f*#&ing sense.

Comment

Working...
      X