No announcement yet.

Did Andre Ward feel a little embarrassed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VWEBBJR View Post
    Who cares if the Showtime team enjoyed Froch's fights "much more", winning is the prime objective. They do it in two different ways. When its all said and done, Ward will beat Froch and you guys will cry about it. Thus, I can't wait to see the threads following the fight.
    Ok you carry on enjoying watching guys cry on the internet, and I will look forward to big fights.

And Showtime are not casual fans, boxing writers, fans, pundits, and boxers themselves will all prefer to watch Froch fight over Ward.

This is prizefighting and he needs fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
      The showtime team were all over Froch. You guys should have got him over to the states much earlier.

He fought Taylor in the States a couple years ago, that was a great fight.

Froch should probably move over to the states the fans over their seem to appreciate him more than Brit fans

Comment

I can't wait to read the threads full of crying when he beats Froch! It will be one of the best days in boxingscene history.
        HAHA Agreed!!!! I might just sit back and read all the bull****ters complaining about how Ward did this and Ward did that, bottom line is his jab is one of ht best Ive seen in a long time, and he wins fights tactically and makes them look stupid in the ring.......

Comment

It's funny how quickly opinions change. I remember when Froch was regarded as a joke on this forum.

Comment

I can't wait to read the threads full of crying when he beats Froch! It will be one of the best days in boxingscene history.
            Agreed. They love to hate Ward, because he's one win away from being the one guy to single handily destroy all three European fighters.

Comment

I wasn't too entertained by his performances against Kessler and Green but they weren't quite as bad as people made out.

I enjoyed his last two fights. Part of the reason people aren't that keen on him is lack of power. He did his best to stand right there with Bika and give people a show, there wasn't much more he could've done because he just doesn't have that punch to stop Bika, but neither did Bute or Calzaghe so there's no shame in that.

I though his fight with AA was more entertaining than Froch's. Not by a big margin but the first half was very good. After that Ward took over, and when a guy wins round after round it isn't usually that exciting even though it obviously takes more skill than winning a close fight.

Froch is more entertaining than Ward but part of that is because he has more flaws. Ward would've beaten Johnson in a similar way, only he wouldn't have gotten hit with those right hands. Froch was happy to win that fight without engaging or trading punches but he wasn't able to do that 100% of the time; it's his defensive flaws that made things more exciting. Froch does get drawn into wars sometimes but his gameplan in his last two fights was more low-risk than Ward's and people seem to overlook that.

Ward isn't that exciting but I do think he tries to entertain and I feel that his last two performances show that he has tried to step it up a bit after the criticism his style got early on in the tournament.

Comment

I'm ready for that too bro!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbay Giant View Post
                  Agreed. They love to hate Ward, because he's one win away from being the one guy to single handily destroy all three European fighters.
                  Because he definitely 'destroyed' AA, didn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                    Ward doesnt take punishment, and makes his opponent look silly. Usually causes for a fight that isnt too exciting, ala Mayweather, Hopkins, Bradley etc etc
                    Guys are penalized for being complete well rounded defensive fighters..
                    Boxing is always more exciting with both fighters get punched in the face..
                    Casual fans dont appreciate the sweet science
                    Go watch some CHESS. I mean you have to appreciate chess right? its all about sweet science and being one step ahead of your opponent.

Ward,and all his slick young croneys have the same amount of fans to come see them fight as chess players do.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
                      Because he definitely 'destroyed' AA, didn't he?

Absolutely and made it look easy,

Comment

Working...
                      X