Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highly considered with miminal pro experience era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    AJ isnt ranked number one. He is 5th by The Ring, the most quoted rankings around. None of the sanctioning bodies apart from IBF rank him no.1 either. Maybe WBA has him that high but I'm not sure.
    The only rankings I trust a lil bit these days are the Transnational rankings & even those get me thinking wtf sometimes. The Ring rankings are bought & paid for by GBP. I don't pay any attention to them anymore.

Giving examples across other divisions, most of the names have 20 plus fights under their belts to be ranked highly. Guys with few fights, less than 20, are rare, not common.
    I didn't say it wasn't rare. I said that its less rare today then I ever recall seeing it.

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Uhh yea... Have you not seen that it's always the same 5-10 people hopping on the Eastern Euros' dick? It doesn't matter who it is, as long as their last name is Russian/Ukrainian, these same 5-10 people will shine their knobs.
    I'm not talking about the racial dummies on NSB lol wut the f#ck bro. F#ck their opinions.

I'm talking about legit indie ranked cats. I didn't pull those names from NSB. These are ranked f#cking guys. I'm not fanboying out on any of this sh^t.

I'm just saying it seems like a unique time with so many cats with so few fights doing work in the pro game. I've never seen so many guys with so few fights highly ranked. I could give a f#ck about what color their skin is or what country their from, while still seeing there is a strong Eastern Euro slant to it. Although there are still other cats not Eastern Euro doing work too like Joshua, Hunter & Murata who represented about 1/3 of the people I brought up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      The only rankings I trust a lil bit these days are the Transnational rankings & even those get me thinking wtf sometimes. The Ring rankings are bought & paid for by GBP. I don't pay any attention to them anymore.

I didn't say it wasn't rare. I said that its less rare today then I ever recall seeing it.

I'm not talking about the racial dummies on NSB lol wut the f#ck bro. F#ck their opinions.
      Why do you trust the TRB or whatever its called the most? You yourself know its bs to have AJ number one until he beats Wlad. Its a ridiculous, points based system. The Ring for all of its corruptiuon these days still has serious boxing scribes and historians and in the case of hw, their list is far superior to trb.

And yeah, fair enough about your second point. The reason for it is pretty simple. Guys are having longer and longer amateur careers tehse days. the top pro boxers right now turned pro in their mid or late 20s with tonnes of am fights and tonnes of am tournaments. They can be brought along to world championship level in fewer fights BUUUUT at a higher age.

Comment

Why do you trust the TRB or whatever its called the most?
        Honestly? By process of elimination. The abc rankings are garbage I think we all agree. I'd assume most of us only pay attention to those when we are trying to figure out who's getting the next undeserved mandatory title fight or other select situations like that. I think Fat Dan is in the pocket of a couple promoters so I can't trust ESPN. Ring is straight up owned by Oscar & after defending that for a long time there were straws that broke the camel's back with that affiliation for me. I like Boxrec rankings cuz its obviously the least easier to influence in ways these other groups would be & I think they are great at ranking prospects who aren't proven yet, but then again with any computer generated ranking system there are gonna be some weird quirks that need to get worked out that I don't think Boxrec has figured out. That gets us to the Transnational rankings which haven't f#cked up enough yet.

What rankings do you trust the most?

Comment

Honestly? By process of elimination. The abc rankings are garbage I think we all agree. I'd assume most of us only pay attention to those when we are trying to figure out who's getting the next undeserved mandatory title fight or other select situations like that. I think Fat Dan is in the pocket of a couple promoters so I can't trust ESPN. Ring is straight up owned by Oscar & after defending that for a long time there were straws that broke the camel's back with that affiliation for me. I like Boxrec rankings cuz its obviously the least easier to influence in ways these other groups would be & I think they are great at ranking prospects who aren't proven yet, but then again with any computer generated ranking system there are gonna be some weird quirks that need to get worked out that I don't think Boxrec has figured out. That gets us to the Transnational rankings which haven't f#cked up enough yet.

What rankings do you trust the most?
          I trust the rankings that make the most sense. I think most poeple watching the sport can agree AJ is not YET the best hw. If TRB hash im top, **** them. Ring ahs him 5th, that's cool.

I think there was a time when most of us with brians knew Broner wasn't p4p but The Ring had him at 6 or whatever it was. **** them for that.

So all in all, I don't put too much emphasis in rankings and it's more important for me to look at a fighter beating the best/otherchamps/highly regarded fighters.

For example, I wouldn't think of much of Pac as a welter back in 08. The Oscar win was awesome because of the hill he had to climb but the great one hadn't been a welter in so long. But when Pac annihilated cotto, I couldn't deny his position as arguably the best welter out there.

Comment

I trust the rankings that make the most sense. I think most poeple watching the sport can agree AJ is not YET the best hw. If TRB hash im top, **** them. Ring ahs him 5th, that's cool.
            What rankings make the most sense to you?

Just looking at the Ring rankings now I got massive problems just looking at the two divisions I looked at. Klitschko is #1 despite not fighting for a year+. If you haven't fought in a year you shouldn't even be ranked. 140 doesn't even make sense cuz they got Crawford unranked as best as I can tell & Postol is ranked ahead of Indongo. I can forgive issues at the bottom half of rankings, but when you f#ck up the top guys I'm like wtf bro.

Comment

What rankings make the most sense to you?

Just looking at the Ring rankings now I got massive problems just looking at the two divisions I looked at. Klitschko is #1 despite not fighting for a year+. If you haven't fought in a year you shouldn't even be ranked. 140 doesn't even make sense cuz they got Crawford unranked as best as I can tell & Postol is ranked ahead of Indongo. I can forgive issues at the bottom half of rankings, but when you f#ck up the top guys I'm like wtf bro.
              Oh the rankings are far from perfect, I'm just saying I agree with AJ not being number one, yet. I also agree with your assessment that if a fighter has not fought for an extended period, I'd choose 1 year too, they shouldn't be ranked but thats not how The Ring works.

Isn't Canelo still lineal at mw? Fury is still lineal at hw lol And Ward was still p4p during his period of inactivity. ETC ETC.

I just meant in the context of our discussion, AJ at hw, I agreed with them. Like I said, there's very few fighters 'd consider at the top of their craft these days because too few of them fight the best opponents in their divisions.

Comment

Working...
              X