No announcement yet.

Why is this forum so pro HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    but what does it matter what network your fave fighter fights on? why not support any top fights being made, rather than make excuses for your fave channel not putting on the fights you want?

it's ******ed, on both sides
    When's the last time HBO had a top fight not on ppv? If ones giving garbage it's just reality.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
      I think HBO is perceived as having p4p fighters, I have Thurman, Rigo, Frampton and Inoue in my p4p.
      You only got 4 guys in your P4P top ten? Or are the other 6 HBO guys?

I'm not saying there isn't some room for disagreement, but for most of the widely used rankings HBO has virtually the whole f#cking top ten.

For instance the Transnational rankings which hardcore fans love to hype
      http://www.tbrb.org/p4p/

1. Gonazlez (HBO)
      2. Kovalev (HBO)
      3. Crawford (HBO)
      4. GGG (HBO)
      5. Ward (HBO)
      8. Bradley (HBO)

And I'm sure you'd find a similar outcome amongst the other widely used rankings if you looked. There is a lot of spinning with opinions around here with many subjects, but you can't spin rankings all that much & HBO owns the P4P rankings.

Comment

Yeah, if you can't afford to pay monthly subscription, you tend to hate the network. And you tend to believe boxing is all it shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          You only got 4 guys in your P4P top ten? Or are the other 6 HBO guys?

I'm not saying there isn't some room for disagreement, but for most of the widely used rankings HBO has virtually the whole f#cking top ten.

For instance the Transnational rankings which hardcore fans love to hype
          http://www.tbrb.org/p4p/

1. Gonazlez (HBO)
          2. Kovalev (HBO)
          3. Crawford (HBO)
          4. GGG (HBO)
          5. Ward (HBO)
          8. Bradley (HBO)

And I'm sure you'd find a similar outcome amongst the other widely used rankings if you looked. There is a lot of spinning with opinions around here with many subjects, but you can't spin rankings all that much & HBO owns the P4P rankings.

And Top Rank is about to dip on them so take out Crawford and Bradley they are down to 4~ with Kovalev and Ward facing each other one takes a hit, Gozalez is a little guy who people don't care about historically in the US and Golovkin can't get a worthwhile fight partly because HBO's ass budget.
          Canelo is their biggest star but he is not fighting on regular HBO again and he really needs more star making fights Cotto was a good start but he needs more.

That P4P thing is a facade and won't be true for much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            And Top Rank is about to dip on them so take out Crawford and Bradley they are down to 4~ with Kovalev and Ward facing each other one takes a hit, Gozalez is a little guy who people don't care about historically in the US and Golovkin can't get a worthwhile fight partly because HBO's ass budget.
            Canelo is their biggest star but he is not fighting on regular HBO again and he really needs more star making fights Cotto was a good start but he needs more.

That P4P thing is a facade and won't be true for much longer.
            Everything is a half empty glass in boxing, I swear lol.

And bro I ain't predicting the future, I'm showing you the present. The future could look like a lot of things, but right now HBO is doing well on the P4P list & bad with competitive fights.

Comment

Because Floyd went to Showtime/end thread

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
                Because Floyd went to Showtime/end thread
                HBO let him go because they're not making any money off of a very greedy fighter. Ask Espinoza.

HBO would rather do fights on regular cable. But promoters and fighters are too greedy and HBO had to say yes to make fights happen.

Comment

I'd always thought the whole 'HBO/PBC' thing came across pretty even on here.

Over here, i don't even know who shows the international fights until a few days before the fight when i check their websites.
                  As for Sky or BoxNation..it doesn't bother me. I just tune in and watch the fights.

Comment

What kind of Boxing fan nitpicks the networks?
                    You'd think a fan would be happy to watch fights regardless of the channel.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                      So HBO couldn't even get money together to give you Lemiuex vs Stevens but this forum is clearly pro HBO. Is it simply dumb sheep who can't figure out HBO is done?
                      Y r u anti HBO?

Comment

Working...
                      X