No announcement yet.

Loma is scary good, better than Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    Just popped in to say you DIDN'T EVEN COME CLOSE to inventing Lomasexual. That was a phrase used while he was still in the Olympics.
    Convergent evolution.

Besides, the phrase may have existed but a phrase isn't a sexuality. Pressing the flesh is. As any Ukrainian midget who has experienced surprise buttsex can attest.

Comment

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
      You don't know **** about Salido. Dude has fought everyone and has had success.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
        Loma took an L... no way of getting around that. That are... you articulate like . Floyd: 49-0, 5 division champ, 4 division Lineal champ, 130-154lbs and faced more past, current or former champions than anyone else, and highest paid boxer ever. Loma lost to Salido and beat who so far to compare him to Floyd? The guy is good but not on that level. He needs to build a resume before over hyping him. This is why so many european fighters get hated... nobody likes hype without the substance and the eye test can fool.
        Yeah, well his amateur record is a million times better than Floyd's as well, so this argument swings both ways. Floyd's record: 86-6. Lomachenko's record: 396-1.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
          Yeah, well his amateur record is a million times better than Floyd's as well, so this argument swings both ways. Floyd's record: 86-6. Lomachenko's record: 396-1.
          That's like saying Christian laetner was greater than Jordan lol.

Comment

Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
            You do know Floyd from 130-140 was the same way. Actually successful fighters who moves up in hiigher weight class starts getting more defensive especially when they can't carry their power.

I swear it's like nobody ever watched Floyd when he was at 130 and 135.
            I've seen his earlier fights. Loma is more fun than them as well. He does more things in the ring and is busier. PBF was more fun to watch than Money for sure. I still prefer Loma's style. He's much busier in the ring. More energy. More cool moves, too. He's very innovative.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
              That's like saying Christian laetner was greater than Jordan lol.
              The point is that losses early on do not define your entire career.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
                The point is that losses early on do not define your entire career.
                True^. Though Loma has not had an entire career. People want to ignore an early loss in an early career. He's come really far already so that loss is definitely losing relevancy. I don't think it defines him anymore.
                But, I don't get why people are acting as if he's already had a brilliant future. He needs to put in that work first. These things aren't granted, they're earned.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  True^. Though Loma has not had an entire career. People want to ignore an early loss in an early career. He's come really far already so that loss is definitely losing relevancy. I don't think it defines him anymore.
                  But, I don't get why people are acting as if he's already had a brilliant future. He needs to put in that work first. These things aren't granted, they're earned.
                  This is true. I think he's definitely earning it, though. GRJ right after Salido. Walters was a scary proposition at the time. Sosa didn't provide a huge threat but he's no pushover either. Loma's on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    Loma's on the right track.
                    Absolutely. I'm not going to pretend that Sosa was a valuable win but still, Walters, Martinez, Russel, these add up. If he keeps going after it and STAYS BUSY, he'll do great thing. The nightmare would be if he ends up in a Rigo situation; no fights, garbage fights, etc.

The "if we can't get the fights at 130, we're going to 135" statement is very exciting. I don't want to see him size disadvantaged but if he can go up and still kill it, that is legacy making stuff. Like Pacquiao. He was never really a welter but he was killing some of the best welters for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Maybe it doesn't define him and i'm sure he would like to avenge it, but with that being said, i think it would be good to see him in with another fighter who has potential to rough him up and "old man" him like Salido did. Loma was already operating at a high level then but he did still lose. We don't really know yet if he struggles with that style, or if he was just too green.

People can say what they want about Floyd, but he found a way to win against all styles and did it both when he was young and fresh, or he did it later on with ring IQ.

Loma still has a lot of questions to answer in regards to things like that, dealing with different styles and fighters of different experience. I'm sure all those questions will be answered one way another in his career and then a comparison could be made. As it stands, it's a bit ridiculous for people to say he's better than Floyd, no matter how gifted he is.

I say all this as a fan of him too. I believe he will go on to be regarded as a special fighter both in terms of skill and achievements but this is boxing and who knows? in his next fight he might just end up being caught with a shot and get stopped and never be quite the same again, it happens.
                      Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-09-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X