Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one not impressed with Boxing at all right now??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
    I feel the same way at times... I still follow the smaller divisions because I personally believe they put the better fights on but I don't get the hype at WW. Thurman is Basic, Porter is messy, although I'm a fan of Danny I know he's limited, Khan is chinny, etc.. etc... I just don't get the hype. So far most fights at the weight have bored me haha.

But but but.. Thurman is undefeated doe, he the best... clearly.

Negativity? Positivity? Sounds like b!tch talk to me, bruh. Man up and admit that one of the "hottest" divisions in our beloved sport is riddled with overhyped, average joe club fighters.

it's still all love
    Lol you can talk all the **** you want. You know we cool like that. I don't take anything personal coming from ya. Anyway, I think you guys are too busy trying to compare current fighters to past ones and the lack of opposition doesn't help their case. It's not their fault matchmaking is the way it is nowadays. These guys are good fighters but they haven't been matched how they should be to show it. Not everyone can be a Floyd, Pacquiao or Ward.

Thurman has always been criticized and still is but the dude is smart. He knows what he's doing. Even when he's being wild.

Comment

u not the only one. there is no one around/coming through with the level of talent as a young floyd or pac, most divisions just have b level fighters at the top. the positive of this is we will see more competitive fights because there is no truly elite fighter

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        Actually the quality of boxing on professional level is at an all time low in my opinion. When you have fighters like Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia and Kell Brook at the top of welterweight division you know it's bad.
        Garcia was never at the top of the division, hes just a guy with a resume from 140. Brook clearly has talent also, just not fought anyone but Porter.

These are good fighters, not sugar ray leonards or pacquiaos, definitely closer to mayweather with the emphasis on defense and single shots but the fighting has only started. Brook-Spence winner vs Thurman will breed a legitimate elite that can hang with anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I wonder if any division is in better shape right now than it was a decade ago. I'm sure one or two are, but as a whole they have to be much worse across the board.
          heavyweight division is 100x better than it was in 07, thats the only one i can think of

Comment

The welterweight division will have one ruler soon, the divisions around need to start building guys. Crawford and Andrade needs to step it up.

Comment

... ease up, guys ...

... there a lots of stupid people in the world ...

... (and not much can be done for them) ...

<> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <>

Comment

I like MMA more now as a whole also. Just a better product, BUT they are falling into the same issues as boxing has been. They are starting to avoid the rightful contenders and make money fights.

That said Thurman/Garcia was a good one-sided fight though 9 rounds and at least PBC finally matched up two of their top guys.

I wouldn't say they represent the best of the sport the way Ward/Kovalev did. I still get excited for GGG fights too, and he's got a good one coming.

The heavyweight division is better. There's still Crawford, some of the lighter guys like Frampton/Santa Cruz, etc. Boxing has a lot more going for it in 2017 already than it did for most of 2016 that's for sure. aside from Porter/Thurman and Love/Ward 2016 was a disaster and the least I cared about boxing in years.
                Last edited by -Antonio-; 03-05-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

The Thurman vs Porter fight was far more entertaining because Porter was more daring and willing to take risks than Garcia.

Comment

To be honest most of the people not really feeling boxing right now was not real boxing fans to begin with.

Possible reasons

1. Mayweather Fans - they were soley Mayweather fans and know that hes goin they have no interest.

2. Pacquiao Fans - they were soley Pacquaio fans and now that the train is derailed they have no interest.

3. May Vs Pac fans - they soley hung around for May Vs Pac and know that they are done they show themselves just to be casuals.

Not saying any of these are you, but alot of people were casuals more than anything

Comment

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
                      I cant believe Im watching UFC prelims over legit boxing fights
                      One of the biggest turds in BoxingScene.com history migrating over to the hideousness of the UFC over boxing?

Good riddance, b*tch. It's been lovely not seeing your *****-ass here since Mayweather retired.

Stick with it over there. Please.

Comment

Working...
                      X