No announcement yet.

Ike Ibeabuchi vs Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ike Ibeabuchi vs Lennox Lewis

Lets say Ike dosen't go to jail and fights a focused Lennox Lewis.

Who wins and how?
    Lennox Lewis Via KO/TKO
    7.89%
    Lennox Lewis Via Decision
    57.89%
    Ibeabuchi Via KO/TKO
    34.21%
    Ike Ibeabuchi Via Decision
    0.00%

Lewis and by stoppage, Ibeabuchi struggled with tua.

World class fighters don't struggle with tua

Comment

Ibeabuchi had a high work rate for a heavyweight. For every jab Lennox gets in, Ibeabuchi would try to land two more. I see Ike chasing after Lennox into the late rounds, and if Lennox gets tired then Ike would floor him. Otherwise, maybe Lennox would win by SD or UD if he's at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

Well Rahman managed to get to Lewis's chin, just sayin. If Ike landed anything like that they'd have to explain to him what happened like they did with Byrd

Comment

In my opinion Ibeabuchi would have been a world champion IMO..
          To be beating guys like Tua and Byrd after only 18-20 pro fights says it all for me..
          Two comprehensive victories over 2 completely different styles was a sound indication of how good he was going to be..
          I don't think he struggled against Tua either.. More the other way round in fact.
          While talking about his KO victory over the elusive Byrd, he was asked, how he was able to connect so cleanly on a regular basis, to which he replied, "The same as killing a fly, by aiming at the vacuum of it's escape route."
          I think it's a real shame he got himself into trouble, because he doesn't seem all that mad to me..

Yep, I think he'd have gone on to beat Lewis, simply because he was better than Lewis was at that stage of his career..
          Compare their fights against Tua.. Lewis was gun-shy, so settled to outbox him on the back foot, where as Ibeabuchi engaged him toe to toe - outboxed, outpunched, and out-toughed him; a much better performance as far as i'm concerned..
          I think Ike would have KO'd him late..
          Last edited by mickey malone; 04-08-2010, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

he struggled with Tua because he brawled with him. I'd like to see Lewis do that.

that said, Lewis by decision in a fight he looks desperate at times.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              In my opinion Ibeabuchi would have been a world champion IMO..
              To be beating guys like Tua and Byrd after only 18-20 pro fights says it all for me..
              Two comprehensive victories over 2 completely different styles was a sound indication of how good he was going to be..
              I don't think he struggled against Tua either.. More the other way round in fact.
              While talking about his KO victory over the elusive Byrd, he was asked, how he was able to connect so cleanly on a regular basis, to which he replied, "The same as killing a fly, by aiming at the vacuum of it's escape route."
              I think it's a real shame he got himself into trouble, because he doesn't seem all that mad to me..

Yep, I think he'd have gone on to beat Lewis, simply because he was better than Lewis was at that stage of his career..
              Compare their fights against Tua.. Lewis was gun-shy, so settled to outbox him on the back foot, where as Ibeabuchi engaged him toe to toe - outboxed, outpunched, and out-toughed him; a much better performance as far as i'm concerned..
              I think Ike would have KO'd him late..
              when i seen this topic my mind clicked into gear and i was going to write a monologue on it.. but you beat me to it, saying everything i intended to say...Excellent post!

Comment

Lewis made Tua look like a kid against a man. Lewis would handle Ike easy. I don't think Ike proved himself enough to be given the credit of being able to beat Lewis. Lewis on the other hand is the most dominant heavyweight I have watched wile I have been alive.
                Last edited by Holtol; 04-09-2010, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  when i seen this topic my mind clicked into gear and i was going to write a monologue on it.. but you beat me to it, saying everything i intended to say...Excellent post!
                  And as you know, I rate Lewis higher than you do, so one of my bolder statements i believe!.. Ibeabuchi was the most natural all rounder i've seen in any division for a long time, and had he stayed on the outside ( of prison) I think we'd all be discussing his 2 wins out of 3 over Lewis and Holyfied.. He'd have then gone on to battle the Klitschko's, and who knows?, he may have even been a late peaker and taken care of them too..

All speculation, I know, but for raw talent, he had the full package and if someone like Manny Steward or Freddie Roach had gotten hold of him!!! I'm more than confident, that he would have made a big difference to the history of the division. I rated him very highly indeed, a lot more so than Haye lol...

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                    And as you know, I rate Lewis higher than you do, so one of my bolder statements i believe!.. Ibeabuchi was the most natural all rounder i've seen in any division for a long time, and had he stayed on the outside ( of prison) I think we'd all be discussing his 2 wins out of 3 over Lewis and Holyfied.. He'd have then gone on to battle the Klitschko's, and who knows?, he may have even been a late peaker and taken care of them too..

All speculation, I know, but for raw talent, he had the full package and if someone like Manny Steward or Freddie Roach had gotten hold of him!!! I'm more than confident, that he would have made a big difference to the history of the division. I rated him very highly indeed, a lot more so than Haye lol...
                    Maybe he had the raw talent in his muscles. I used to think the same thing about Bowe. If Bowe was more committed. But if a guy does not train hard or goes to jail in my opinion he is missing something that great champions have.

Comment

Working...
                    X