Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Broner-Vargas Shouldn't Be Fought at Catch-Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a vision of Broner shooting his big brother Money in a Wallmart parking lot!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Hmmm, yet he fought Canelo at a CW and Marquez too. Hypocrite. What else is new with this overrated clown?
      Do you have an opinion on whether this fight should be at 147 or a catchweight...or are you just happy to throw shade at Mayweather.

As a boxing fan, I think the fight should be at 147 as Broner has fought multiple times there and its Vargas' natural fighting weight.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing90 View Post
        The catch weight didn't benefit Floyd in the Marquez fight, also.. floyd as never made over 151 the catch-weight with him and Canelo was 152, AB has made 147 before.
        i think his point was that he previously had fought both cotto and de la hoya at 154 with out a catch weight but then wanted one for canelo...thats the same as broner fighting paulie at 47 then wanting vargas and porter at catchweights. which is hypocritical on mays part and the cw's are b.s. on both broner and mays part.

as far as the marques cw. floyd didnt even make the weight so the cw only hurt marquez lol

Comment

Says the guy who fought Canelo at a catchweight after he fought Cotto and De La Hoya at 54'...

Comment

Floyd knows he keep's yall haters on your toes.... People on here still throwing shade....too funny...

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
              OVERRATED? He's never been beaten 50-0, PPV'S he is the entire top 5, More money than anyone in PRIZE FIGHTING......

this is how you lose respect for ANYTHING you post from here on..............
              I'm not a fanboy so I guess I see it differently. Talks about bein "the best ever", yet never fought an elite at their very best. Casuals such as yourself think that money earned must equal greatness. I guess Conor must be the greatest MMA fighter ever since he is the highest paid.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing90 View Post
                The catch weight didn't benefit Floyd in the Marquez fight, also.. floyd as never made over 151 the catch-weight with him and Canelo was 152, AB has made 147 before.
                Floyd said he fought Cotto at 154 because he wanted him to be comfortable. Yet he didn’t want Canelo comfortable. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  Do you have an opinion on whether this fight should be at 147 or a catchweight...or are you just happy to throw shade at Mayweather.

As a boxing fan, I think the fight should be at 147 as Broner has fought multiple times there and its Vargas' natural fighting weight.
                  I'm ok with 147 or a CW for this fight. Either way I see Vargas winning by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    I'm not a fanboy so I guess I see it differently. Talks about bein "the best ever", yet never fought an elite at their very best. Casuals such as yourself think that money earned must equal greatness. I guess Conor must be the greatest MMA fighter ever since he is the highest paid.
                    THESE ARE FACTS.....and Im not talking about other sports. You spoke about Boxing and Im speaking about boxing. He beat them all. I bring up the money because this is also known as "Prize Fighting" and he gained the most prizes. this is the PPV era, he sold the most PPV's. So your statement is bananas....HE'S BEATEN MORE CHAMPIONS THAN ANYONE ELSE
                    Last edited by HURTFEELINGS; 04-10-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

The point is moot really. AB is always looking for an angle. Floyd did the same thing really. Its not a critiscism per se... But on a deeper level Broner does himself no favors. He should pick a division and stop with this BS. The irony here is that Floyd might actually be giving him real advice from a friend who actually cares.

We sometimes tease Larry about Broner, but there is truth to the idea that Broner has potential. He is still young enough that he could piece together a decent career... It ain't gonna happen looking for an angle in the catch weight sweepstakes do!

Comment

Working...
                      X