No announcement yet.

Running in the Heat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running in the Heat

just a question for those hopefully i can get some good insight on this , for the most part i been doing all my running middle of the day in the heat , it's summer here and it's been about 96-98 Degrees on the average so my question is do i actually gain anything by doing this??

most of the time folks run early in the morning and it's a lot cooler and probably can go for a longer time ..

i feel like i sweat way more running in this type of weather and it's more of a mental thing also , i've worked myself up to 4-6 Miles , i haven't been boxing long at maybe probably about 2 months and 2 weeks to be exact...i was already running some before i signed up.

so am i benefiting running in the blazing heat or am i fooling myself and really not gaining much at all? someone told me it burns off more body fat than running in the morning.

all help is appreciated and thank you.

Originally posted by KeepOnPushing View Post
    just a question for those hopefully i can get some good insight on this , for the most part i been doing all my running middle of the day in the heat , it's summer here and it's been about 96-98 Degrees on the average so my question is do i actually gain anything by doing this??

most of the time folks run early in the morning and it's a lot cooler and probably can go for a longer time ..

i feel like i sweat way more running in this type of weather and it's more of a mental thing also , i've worked myself up to 4-6 Miles , i haven't been boxing long at maybe probably about 2 months and 2 weeks to be exact...i was already running some before i signed up.

so am i benefiting running in the blazing heat or am i fooling myself and really not gaining much at all? someone told me it burns off more body fat than running in the morning.

all help is appreciated and thank you.
    No you aren't doing any favors for yourself. You aren't burning more weight off if you think that since it is way hotter then you sweat more. Wrong. You are just exposing yourself to skin cancer. Another thing, you are exposing your lungs to air pollution since there are more vehicles on the streets.

Better for you to run in the morning to get it out of the way or at night to have a cooler environment to run. Also, running at the hottest time makes for the shortest run because you sweat more water out of your body and dehydrates you quicker.

Comment

Yes. You are but not anything hugely significant.

Handling the heat can aid you mentally. Running in the heat, your body is uncomfortable, and exhausted easily. Being used to that can help when your in an uncomfortable spot during a match.

But like I said. Nothing vastly significant.

Marquez and Margarito run in the deserts of Mexico in the afternoon. But then you have Floyd who runs at night.

See what I mean?
      Last edited by F l i c k e r; 07-02-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

i used to run in the heat w/ a beanie on and a jacket. i thought it would help me mentally. give me a mental edge.

i guess it did. but whatever. there's no way in hell i'm doing that again. it was torture.

Comment

Thank you very much for all the responses...so much appreciated.

Comment

you're loosing more water and risking heat stroke/exhaustion. Any additional weight you lose will be water weight compared to running in the morning, you will struggle more to stay hydrated and healthy. Bad idea imo

Comment

acturaly each gram of sweat cost 2 calories, so you are burining extra fat. people use special sweat suits when exercising to make them sweat more. i have a friend that always runs in a hoddie and tapout beanie. in the middle of summer. he swears by it. HOWEVER make sure you dont get dehydrated or heatstroke.

Comment

Think i'll start doing it in between , not so much mid day where the heat is at it's peak and not super early , just enough where i can sweat but also like ya'll said not risk a heat stroke or dehydrated....

Comment

You may be hurting if if you can't run as fast/far due to he heat making you tired quicker.

Comment

I think the heat's alot better because the intensity tbh .The more you sweat the more calories you burn so I say if you fight at a lower weight class the best time is the heat

SURVIVOR EYE OF THE TIGER
                    Face to face, out in the heat
                    Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
                    They stack the odds 'til we take to the street
                    For we kill with the skill to survive

chorus

Risin' up, straight to the top
                    Have the guts, got the glory
                    Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop
                    Just a man and his will to survive

Comment

Working...