No announcement yet.

Just got an email from Kathy Duva..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    I think she has got a fair point.. Frankly they can do it in MSG/Barclays & it would sell out too, but second fight might not make enough PPV buys as the first one imo but that's just money aspect of it..
    Boxing in NYC is really on its arse at the moment due to this insurance rule. I dont know the ins and outs of it, but boxing has fallen off a cliff edge there since they introduced it. Seems like a good idea in theory, but i assume promoters just realise they can make more money elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
      Lovely lady. I basically sent her my her best wishes, support & admiration for Kovalev but the crux of my email was to find out the situation on the rematch. Here's what she had to say on the laction of the rematch:

Thoughts?
      Duva is delusional.

The fight will go wherever the most money can be made not in California or Russia. Obviously that's Vegas. She must not have been paying attention on Saturday when Buffer read the scorecards. Her man LOST. Therefore, Ward is holding all the cards and will dictate the tune everyone will dance to...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        but second fight might not make enough PPV buys as the first one imo but that's just money aspect of it..
        I think the controversy, combined with the quality of the fight -- and despite a lot of holding and clinching from both sides it was still a terrific, edge of your seat fight -- personally I think it outsells the first fight.
        Last edited by Mike D; 11-22-2016, 11:45 AM.

Comment

shes dreaming they getting fucked worse than the first tiem if they want the rematch.

Comment

She has a fair point. I mean look at people's reactions when a UK fight has all UK judges for it. People lose their minds.

This is coming from someone who thought Ward won.

Comment

I wish you had told her thats what she gets for the whole mando BS with the Stevenson fight.

I think the rematch should be in MSG or Barclays since there is a huge Russian/Eastern European fanbase here. I can see the arena being pro Kov, unless of course you hear people booing the US national anthem, which will just piss people off.

Comment

No way!!!!!

They can offer Ward $20 million and he would say NO to Russia. It's because Russia is a very rcist Country and they do not like Americans. I am no fan of America, but we are fairer than most other places. FACTS. This decision wasn't about biased Americans judges, it was about Kovalev's inability to finish the way started. After the knock down, Ward got up and adjusted to Kovalev's punch. He started to make him miss, pound his body, and rough him up. In the rematch, it'll be a great fight again but Ward will win again. Thi time, he will not go down at all.

Comment

No surprise here. Kathy was fuming after the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Boxing in NYC is really on its arse at the moment due to this insurance rule. I dont know the ins and outs of it, but boxing has fallen off a cliff edge there since they introduced it. Seems like a good idea in theory, but i assume promoters just realise they can make more money elsewhere.
                    Yeah dude, the insurance $ is ruining it.. they still keep having few good fights but not big money fights..
                    Last few Good ones were Thurman-Porter & Frampton-Cruz
                    Next is DeGale-Jack.. Vegas is where the big money is tbh..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I think the controversy, combined with the quality of the fight -- and despite a lot of holding and clinching from both sides it was still a terrific, edge of your seat fight -- personally I think it outsells the first fight.
                      I enjoyed the fight.. Was at the edge of my seat the whole fight & feet went numb because I had not moved an inch the entire fight
                      I'd think it is hard to lure people into the second one because not everyone share the same opinion as You & I..
                      I'm thinking if Kov wins the next one this one has a trilogy coming soon..

Comment

Working...
                      X