Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ustinov vs. Oquendo For Vacant WBA Title in Play For October 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ustinov vs. Oquendo For Vacant WBA Title in Play For October 2

According to Vladimir "Krasivyy" Hryunov, manager of Russian heavyweight contender Alexander Ustinov, a showdown with Fres Oquendo for the vacant "regular" title of the World Boxing Association (WBA) is possibly going to land on October 2 in Baku.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great news. As much as I love Briggs, it's more important for the sport for the WBA heavyweight title mess to be cleared up ASAP and Briggs being removed from the rankings would help speed up the process.

I know it's a joke for Oquendo to be guaranteed a shot, but after three years of the legal settlement being an albatross, let's just get it out of the way already.

Comment

For fuuuuuuuck's sake, why does it have to be for a "title"? It should be an eliminator for the Joshua–Klitschko II winner, simple as.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
        For fuuuuuuuck's sake, why does it have to be for a "title"? It should be an eliminator for the Joshua–Klitschko II winner, simple as.
        because oquendo won a federal case years ago and is owed a title shot in his next fight.

Comment

Didn't know Judah was still fighting. Guessing he's been fed to some undefeated Russian prospect.

Comment

Can someone explain to me, why the location is Baku, Azerbaijan?

Comment

No Briggs, No Champ.

Comment

It's just a heavyweight boxing match. Trinkets or not. No one cares. It only means the WBA gets $ & the boxers pay $ to fight for the "WBA" regular title.

For the boxers it means something. To the real fans; it means absolutely nothing. They can hear the "reigning and defending WBA heavyweight champion of the world" on their next fight. Cool factor for sure but for making money it means nada & it will get old fast becuz the heavyweight tops are Joshua and Wilder...

Comment

Oh man what has boxing come to when this two are fighting for a HW title. I'm honestly not sure if this is worse or better than Briggs vs Oquendo. Either way its in the range of just as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by RuslanChagaev View Post
                    Can someone explain to me, why the location is Baku, Azerbaijan?
                    Why the hell not ? Nobody else is gonna pay to go, may as well be a bunch of uneducated stone age dumb asses.

Comment

Working...
                    X