Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making my heavy bag quieter - is it possible?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making my heavy bag quieter - is it possible?

Ok, sort of a weird question here, hopefully someone will have some ideas:

Is it possible to make my heavy bag quieter when I hit it? I live in a 3 flat apartment building and have my bag setup in the basement. I live on the 2nd floor and my gf says she can hear me hitting the bag even though I'm in the basement. I'm a little concerned because new tenants are moving into the first floor, right above the basement, and I think they have a baby and I don't want to disturb them.

I have an Everlast 100lb. nevertear bag on a stand (not hooked up to the ceiling so at least I'm not shaking the building). And I use ****ty everlast gloves, definitely some kind of synthetic they are lower quality gloves. Are there gloves that hit quieter - leather or is some other material not as loud? Can I tape the bag or something to make it not sound so loud when I hit it? I don't really want to hit with less force - I LOVE hitting my bag, I do it to learn technique, get in shape and release stress and beating the ever lovin crap out of something that can't hit back is one of the few ways I stay sane.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has any ideas.

Have you tried talking to it, like when it gets too loud just say "ssshhhh" and slow down a bit. Go for a nice slow rhythm and she should stay a bit quieter.
    If not make sure she is tied up from top to bottom to stop it movement

if that doesnt work dont hit it real hard, just gag it and slap it around a bit and say that what I do, and my bags love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Aperion View Post
      Ok, sort of a weird question here, hopefully someone will have some ideas:

Is it possible to make my heavy bag quieter when I hit it? I live in a 3 flat apartment building and have my bag setup in the basement. I live on the 2nd floor and my gf says she can hear me hitting the bag even though I'm in the basement. I'm a little concerned because new tenants are moving into the first floor, right above the basement, and I think they have a baby and I don't want to disturb them.

I have an Everlast 100lb. nevertear bag on a stand (not hooked up to the ceiling so at least I'm not shaking the building). And I use ****ty everlast gloves, definitely some kind of synthetic they are lower quality gloves. Are there gloves that hit quieter - leather or is some other material not as loud? Can I tape the bag or something to make it not sound so loud when I hit it? I don't really want to hit with less force - I LOVE hitting my bag, I do it to learn technique, get in shape and release stress and beating the ever lovin crap out of something that can't hit back is one of the few ways I stay sane.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has any ideas.
      Try rosstraining training equipment section
      http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/vi...9e66aadf76e9c2

Comment

Found this spring , says it helps with noise
        http://www.ironcompany.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=4611

Comment

I dunno, I like heavy bag like my girl, loud when I'm hitting it. Tell them to mind their own ****ing business.

Comment

Make sure your bag is really heavy, those skinny ***** bags cant take the pounding and make too much noise from being banged and swung around the room.

Or at the same time you are hitting it you could get one of your mates to bang your bag from the other side, that way you got all holes covered and there wont be much noise. - as long as your mate aint one of those types that says comments like "thats it man bang it harder...god damn hit that *****!" etc etc

Gotta make sure ya bag has been stuffed properly as well.

Comment

Yea, old thread. But seeing how I kinda had the same issue at the OP and this page was ranking high on SEO. Figured I'd share, maybe it'll help some. I'm living on the ground floor of an apartment and I've got a Wavemaster that's working out OK for my cardio. But the loudness of leather slapping against leather had me concerned as well.

So here's what I did.. Take an Old Towel. Wrap it around the bag. Pick up 2 cheap belts from goodwill and use it to fasten the towel onto the bag snugly. The set up seems to hold just fine on my wave master and it's not really sliding around or anything. Big difference in sound. Instead of a loud Slapping sound, it's now a muffled Bouf Bouf sound lol Sounds like punching a thick pillow. Working for me, maybe it can for others.

Comment

if ur neighbours complain...

ey you imma get a hold of that dog and imma eat it for lunch ye hear me larry??

Comment

Why do you have a heavy bag if you live in an apartment? Get a drum set while you're being an inconsiderate c*nt as well lmao jesus. Go to a gym

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                    Why do you have a heavy bag if you live in an apartment? Get a drum set while you're being an inconsiderate c*nt as well lmao jesus. Go to a gym
                    How about you learn what inconsiderate means before you open your ignorant mouth. The OP admitted to holding back on power to lessen his sound, I've been hitting with bare wraps to lessen my noise before I dampened the sound of my bag.

It's been 6 freaking years since this thread was created and this issue has existed for an eternity, yet no one can come up with a single solution? Practice what you preach and be considerate to the owners of this forum.. The bull-s that spews from your keyword prevents new subscribers and in turn hurts revenue.

Comment

Working...
                    X