Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spike O'Sullivan: I Wasn't Good Enough To Take Munguia Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spike O'Sullivan: I Wasn't Good Enough To Take Munguia Down

Former WBO junior middleweight champion Jaime Munguia (35-0, 28 KOs) made a successful 160-pound debut by defeating Gary "Spike" O'Sullivan (30-4, 21 KOs) via 11th-round stoppage to capture the WBO Intercontinental middleweight title at The Alamodome in San Antonio, TX. The event was streamed live exclusively on DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope he got paid well to be a punching bag
    At least he can say he hurt Munguia , not sure if that’s any kind of victory in itself
    He isn’t a true middleweight either

Comment

Spike is a decent fighter but never has been and never will be good enough to win at world level

No shame in that, it’s just how it is.

Not sure how well Munguia will really do at 160 against actual world class fighters..

Comment

Spike looked slower and a little smaller. Mungia’s shoulders and back are very big. Spike gave a good account of himself.

Comment

He put in some work. He should try bare knuckle

Comment

Spike tried but he looked smaller and he just doesn't have the skills to put anything resembling a flowing combination together. He can crack hard enough and is tough enough for a certain level but always comes up well short against the A and B+ level competition.

Also, I felt that was a pretty subpar GB/DAZN fight card. I watched it after the ESPN card and found myself fast forwarding through about 90% of the undercard. They put on some good cards but from what I saw, that wasn't one of them.

Comment

Spike is the smallest looking middleweight ive ever seen
              Looks tiny compared to every guy he fights

Maybe drop down to JMW?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post

Maybe drop down to JMW?
                He's about 5 7 with the bone structure of a welterweight. Good puncher and a tough guy, but not particularly skillful and fighting guys like Lemiuex whos about 3 weights bigger naturally aint doing himself much good.

Comment

He is a scrappy journeyman who comes to fight. It was a good fight, and he exposed some of Munguia’s weaknesses. I think Munguia will settle into a gatekeeper role after he loses to one or more of the top middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post

Maybe drop down to JMW?
                    He’s not a middleweight
                    That is why

Comment

Working...
                    X