No announcement yet.

Fury WILL chicken out of the February rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
    I hope Wilder comes in heavier with more muscle for Fury II. I know what he says about weight, and he is correct. But Wilder at about 230 would have the muscle to tussle and wrestle with Fury better, and Wilder doesn't add fat ... it's all lean muscle ... heavier and harder, an even better body shield.
    He's not gaining over 10 pounds of lean muscle in three months (if ever). I don't think it's physically possible.

Doubt he'll tussle and wrestle either.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
      He's not gaining over 10 pounds of lean muscle in three months (if ever). I don't think it's physically possible.

Doubt he'll tussle and wrestle either.
      Ten pounds of muscle in three months is easily doable (of course water-weight is included in that).

There is always "tussle" and "wrestle" in fights, bumps and bangs too. Shoulders, arms, heads, hips, etc. Fury likes to bump smaller men slightly off balance and throw jabs before they re-stabilize. Part of the problem with Wallin was he was too big to bump off balance regularly.

Anyway, wrestling, tussle, and manhandling are just descriptions for the physical activity outside of punching that occurs in every fight (you probably never fought).

EDIT: Per ten pounds of muscle: when you add muscle the bones get thicker, organs get larger, the body processed more fluid (weight), added fat, tissue, etc. So TECHNICALLY adding 10 lbs. is NEVER ALL MUSCLE. Other things increase WITH the muscles to total 10 lbs. of WEIGHT gained. I hope that's clear to any random fan-girls.
      Last edited by MastaBlasta; 11-26-2019, 01:24 AM.

Comment

I don’t know about all the “figured out” stuff, but fury has already mentioned retirement and is doing this wrestling thing...not sure his heart is in it anymore.

Comment

Ten pounds of muscle in three months is easily doable (of course water-weight is included in that).

There is always "tussle" and "wrestle" in fights, bumps and bangs too. Shoulders, arms, heads, hips, etc. Fury likes to bump smaller men slightly off balance and throw jabs before they re-stabilize. Part of the problem with Wallin was he was too big to bump off balance regularly.

Anyway, wrestling, tussle, and manhandling are just descriptions for the physical activity outside of punching that occurs in every fight (you probably never fought).

EDIT: Per ten pounds of muscle: when you add muscle the bones get thicker, organs get larger, the body processed more fluid (weight), added fat, tissue, etc. So TECHNICALLY adding 10 lbs. is NEVER ALL MUSCLE. Other things increase WITH the muscles to total 10 lbs. of WEIGHT gained. I hope that's clear to any random fan-girls.
          Wilder won't get into anything resembling a tussle. If he does, weight won't be his problem. His problem will be that he's completely out of his comfort zone against a fighter who would be completely within theirs.

And, yes you can gain 10 pounds. But not 10 pounds of lean muscle as stated. Especially not for a guy who has spent his life training. If Wilder adds 10 pounds in three months you'd see a noticeable change in him. He'd have nothing like the speed or fitness.

And if he added 10 pounds of muscle... jeez how much overall weight would that be? It would be like watching Tyson Fury's fast weight loss in reverse.

Comment

Wilder won't get into anything resembling a tussle. If he does, weight won't be his problem. His problem will be that he's completely out of his comfort zone against a fighter who would be completely within theirs.

And, yes you can gain 10 pounds. But not 10 pounds of lean muscle as stated. Especially not for a guy who has spent his life training. If Wilder adds 10 pounds in three months you'd see a noticeable change in him. He'd have nothing like the speed or fitness.

And if he added 10 pounds of muscle... jeez how much overall weight would that be? It would be like watching Tyson Fury's fast weight loss in reverse.
            My original comment was "gain to 230" or roughly 10 lbs, of weight. When gained by gaining strength that is a lot of power gained, along with balance and aerobics.

Wilder can bump and bang with Fury ... he didn't do bad at 214 lbs. He would be a beast for Fury at 230, bumpimg and banging. Plus he's gonna out power-punch Fury at any weight.

Wilder grew up fighting ... not boxing. In fights wrestling and tussling are a big part of it. Wilder loved to fight ... he can wrestle and tussle. Boxing is not fighting, but it's a mistake thinking Wilder is out of his element in a tussle. He's strong, athletic, and wise enough to handle himself ... and when he frees his hands, look out.
            Last edited by MastaBlasta; 11-26-2019, 02:04 AM.

Comment

My original comment was "gain to 230" or roughly 10 lbs, of weight. When gained by gaining strength that is a lot of power gained, along with balance and aerobics.

Wilder can bump and bang with Fury ... he didn't do bad at 214 lbs. He would be a beast for Fury at 230, bumpimg and banging. Plus he's gonna out power-punch Fury at any weight.

Wilder grew up fighting ... not boxing. In fights wrestling and tussling are a big part of it. Wilder loved to fight ... he can wrestle and tussle. Boxing is not fighting, but it's a mistake thinking Wilder is out of his element in a tussle. He's strong, athletic, and wise enough to handle himself ... and when he frees his hands, look out.
              He grew up playing football and basketball, and everything he's said points to a nice middle class upbringing.

Fury grew up boxing. Had a very good amateur career. Up close isn't wrestling - it's boxing. Fury can box, Wilder can't.

There's absolutely no way Wilder wants this fight up close. He'll either be waiting for his shot, or throwing from range if he gets impatient.

If he gets too close, he gets swallowed up and spat out.

Comment

He grew up playing football and basketball, and everything he's said points to a nice middle class upbringing.

Fury grew up boxing. Had a very good amateur career. Up close isn't wrestling - it's boxing. Fury can box, Wilder can't.

There's absolutely no way Wilder wants this fight up close. He'll either be waiting for his shot, or throwing from range if he gets impatient.

You're daff man. The 12th round KD Wilder was very close to Fury. The second punch was a hybrid uppercut, lol. In America everyone used to play all sports, especially in the poorer neighborhoods. That in no way indicates 'automatically' a middle-class upbringing, lol. AND Wilder has spoken about fighting and liking it ... you just have missed it. Even middle-class (if he were) kids fight ... a lot in America, lol.

Regardless of all that, Wilder will probably beat Fury clearly 2nd time around. Only one man has been on his back. I'm talking about how Wilder can do it easier. We both have our opinions .... we'll see. Talk to you after it's in the books.

Comment

Wilder didn't go up middle class, he grew up working class at best. His father earned a shade above minimum wage and had nearly as many children as Wilder has now.

Comment

i predicted, along with mr Robbie Barrett that the rematch wouldnt happen straight away.
                    i also think fury has cold feet when it comes to the rematch and i doubt it will take place in february.

the interviews i have seen for the longest time told me that fury didnt want to face aj, hed just say that he himself was the best already anyway and didnt need aj, and he seems lukewarm on the wilder rematch. i think wilders name has gained a lot of respect since the first ortiz fight, and then the fury fight and second ortiz fight, meanwhile ajs stock has plummeted. wilder proves he doesnt give a chit about winning rounds - you could make fury vs wilder 30 rounds and fury might outbox him for the first 29 rounds and even in the 30th round, but wilders one-punch ko remains.

fury knows this too. a devastating ko loss would damage the only thing he has left - his claim to 'lineal' status. wilder is certainly improving, and in furys case were not sure where hes at given his competition (even his cousin hughie is fighting better opposition than tyson). theres also that whole 'mma' thing with tyson.

if the rematch doesnt happen i doubt it will be because of wilders end holding up negotiations. fury is with arum afterall and he knows how to protect his cash cows.

Comment

Heard the same thing prior to the first fight when Fury was still fat and nobody was giving him a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X