Collapse
No announcement yet.

back in the day did crowds boo and complain about pure boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ain't nobody want to see cowards running around in circles in what is supposed to be a "fight". Why would I want to watch a sissy retreat away from combat and try to avoid it? Seriously. The boos are well deserved. I don't turn on the TV to get bored, I watch to get entertained.

Comment

Referees used to disqualify fighters for a "non-effort." Guys like Rigondeaux and Vazquez are fortunate enough to compete in such a weak, piss-poor era where fighters are mollycoddled.

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      to a certain degree but not like today. back in the day more fans understood the sport and appreciated it for what it is. intelligent and skillful fighters were appreciated for their abilities by most people and the ones who didnt like it were at the very least smart enough not to buy a ticket knowing the style of the fighter.

its hilarious to me when people pay for a fight knowing damn well the guy fighting is a technician, then they complain afterwards like they got robbed of their money. might as well go to the store, buy some milk then storm in the place 15min later furious its not a loaf of bread.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Clear example of a clueless clodge that doesn't have the slightest ****ing clue on what he's talking about.

Comment

Its not new. Paying customers have alway's booed or not been fond of fighters who stink the place out. You pay to see a fight then you wanna see a fight! Its never been any different.

Comment

Originally posted by SlickRickman View Post
          Referees used to disqualify fighters for a "non-effort." Guys like Rigondeaux and Vazquez are fortunate enough to compete in such a weak, piss-poor era where fighters are mollycoddled.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Clear example of a clueless clodge that doesn't have the slightest ****ing clue on what he's talking about.
          Yes yes, this weak comp Rigo and Vazquez have faced is ridiculous and insulting.

The ref should have stopped Rigo-Donaire in RD 1. This piss-poor era I tell you!

Comment

The boos are the same as it is today, mainly, because we humans are born hunters; it's in out genes, so we tend to appreciate pressure fighters more than the runner or safety type of boxers.

But fear not; the trend of fight results is changing nowadays.

Back in the day, it's difficult to win decision if you're a pure boxer, close decisions almost always favors pressure fighters, even to the point of robbery; pressure fighters always has the advantage. But, today, it's the other way around, almost all close decisions and robbery favors pure boxers. So those who appreciate the sweet science of pure boxing can really really breathe easy on decision ending fights.
            Last edited by ButtScratcher^^; 02-23-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              Ain't nobody want to see cowards running around in circles in what is supposed to be a "fight". Why would I want to watch a sissy retreat away from combat and try to avoid it? Seriously. The boos are well deserved. I don't turn on the TV to get bored, I watch to get entertained.
              ^^^^^^^^^this

can you imagine paying $70 and all you see is a fighter running like a scorned bitch with a swollen pussy!

Comment

I don't see running as a skill in boxing. It just shows lack of versatility like not being able to fight in close distances. On the other hand, moving forward is just as difficult. Look at Trout vs Lara. He was forced to come out of his comfort zone and chased Lara. Nothing will happen if he fought like Lara. They have the same style. The one that blinked lost the fight.

Comment

Call me crazy but I appreciate all boxing styles.. It doesn't always have to be about rock'em sock'em robots.. The interest in how one style matches up against another. And how styles make fights... And the appreciation of pure boxing skills.. yeah I know CRAZY right?....

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                    I don't see running as a skill in boxing. It just shows lack of versatility like not being able to fight in close distances. On the other hand, moving forward is just as difficult. Look at Trout vs Lara. He was forced to come out of his comfort zone and chased Lara. Nothing will happen if he fought like Lara. They have the same style. The one that blinked lost the fight.
                    Trout looked so awkward chasing Lara. It's not his style, but what can he do? The opponent just won't stop running. If he won't do it, they'd get even more booed mercilessly. Poor guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X