No announcement yet.

A draw was not an unreasonable result

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A draw was not an unreasonable result

For me, I thought the first 4 rounds were close and could have went either way. Nobody dominated and Wilder could have been awarded any one of those rounds. From Round 5 or 6 on I thought Fury began to show his superior boxing skills and I thought he was beginning to dominate the fight but he then he got careless and got dropped in round 8 and then again in 12. I did not see this fight as a shutout or complete domination like others. Maybe my eyes are wrong but I didn't think some of the rounds were as clear as people were saying. Wilder could have reasonably won 2 or 3 of those first 4 or 5 rounds rounds.

Agreed. I feel like when there's a lot of tossup rounds people tend to give them to the same fighter. After the first 4 rounds 4-0, 3-1, or 2-2 would be reasonable with either guy potentially up, but I saw many saying fury won every round. Overall I thought fury won and proved he was the superior fighter but it was way closer than many are saying

Comment

Everyone had Fury winning, even the damn TV station that pays Wilder millions and has him signed for the future.

Comment

Fury pretty much dominated the entire fight with the exception of the two KDs.

Comment

It absolutely is when the other guy won 10 rounds lmfaooo

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            It absolutely is when the other guy won 10 rounds lmfaooo

Have you ever scored a round for Wilder in which he didn't score a knockdown?

Comment

I can see it being scored as a draw on a card.

But that's not what decided the result.

It was a bloke scoring it for Wilder.

So, no. I can't fathom it. Three blokes can't score that way without interference.

He gave Wilder a 4 point gap over the first 4 rounds. The others had 3-1 to Fury.
              Last edited by Toffee; 12-02-2018, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                Have you ever scored a round for Wilder in which he didn't score a knockdown?
                Nope. The rounds where wilder got KD's are the only rounds he won IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
                  For me, I thought the first 4 rounds were close and could have went either way. Nobody dominated and Wilder could have been awarded any one of those rounds. From Round 5 or 6 on I thought Fury began to show his superior boxing skills and I thought he was beginning to dominate the fight but he then he got careless and got dropped in round 8 and then again in 12. I did not see this fight as a shutout or complete domination like others. Maybe my eyes are wrong but I didn't think some of the rounds were as clear as people were saying. Wilder could have reasonably won 2 or 3 of those first 4 or 5 rounds rounds.
                  100% agree. Fury only out landed Wilder by 13 punches.
                  Mix in the (2) knock downs and you have a close fight. Absolutely cool with people saying Fury won the fight. Not cool with "boxing is dead", "robbery", blah blah blah.

Comment

It's a little unreasonable but feasible. You would have to give him a split of the first 4 and then something between 5-8.

Fury just had the better jab, and I felt that decided most of the rounds, probably 9-3 8-4, 7-5 is getting a little unreasonable 6-6 is pretty unreasonable.

Comment

Working...
                    X