No announcement yet.

My 2nd amateur fight!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Your left side did well as far as your hook! You kept your elbows tight and the hook was good, nothing to the body though? Why? Also your jab could have been much more accurate and stiffer with an opponent who is at a height disadvantage! Your right hand most of the time was a poor technique because you were "throwing it" like a baseball! Your elbow was out to soon and you had no power! There were a few that were good but most weren't!

Work on a harder more powerfull jab with a straight and hard right hand following it quickly! Keep your right elbow down and when the right glove gets there turn it over (pronate) and bring your elbow out!! POWER!

Other than that you need an opponent who's your size, stop picking on the lil guys! best to you! Ray.
    your 100% right i was head hunting the whole fight. the left hook to the body is probably my best punch and i only threw it once. i blame the nerves, i was sooo nervous going into this fight.

this kid was 4pounds below me, had 7more fights, and was 4 years older. Not sure how i was picking on any1 lolllll

Comment

Originally posted by MightyWhitey View Post
      Check out my 2nd amatuer fight. This was last night. Now 2-0 2 kos

Pretty solid for your 2nd fight bro. I would say you have a solid natural punch, solid basics, and you fight with good natural aggression.

Few things I would say to work on: Develop your jab, and lead with it much more often instead of lunging in and leading with power shots like right hands, hooks and uppercuts. You got away with that against this kid because while he wasn't a bad little fighter you had too much size and power for him. Better boxers will make you pay for opening yourself up like that. Fine tune your jab, throw it with speed authority and accuracy, and use it to move in and set up those power shots that you throw with decent bang. Go to the body more also.

But good work bro, you cover up alright as well but also try and keep your body straight when you do so instead of bending around.

Comment

yea it was hard to jab fighting in such a big ring, in my gym we spar in a veryyyy small ring lol. thanks for the advice!

Comment

solid fight man u looked good

Comment

TBH that went pretty much perfect in my opinion.

He had a nice left hook which you made miss. He didn't really have a right hand so it seemed easy to pick him off.

Nice and busy, and pretty controlled too which was nice to see. I hate it when someone rushes into shots trying to get a KO.

Your guard was tight.

I think when he dipped to his right, a nice overhand right is pretty to see, maybe add some of that. I like left body shots too, which I think if you land 1 or 2 a round on the liver, it will show.

Nice work chap. You were a lot better than him.

Oh and try to make it not a habit to pull your shirt down etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Master Cvnt View Post
              TBH that went pretty much perfect in my opinion.

He had a nice left hook which you made miss. He didn't really have a right hand so it seemed easy to pick him off.

Nice and busy, and pretty controlled too which was nice to see. I hate it when someone rushes into shots trying to get a KO.

Your guard was tight.

I think when he dipped to his right, a nice overhand right is pretty to see, maybe add some of that. I like left body shots too, which I think if you land 1 or 2 a round on the liver, it will show.

Nice work chap. You were a lot better than him.

Oh and try to make it not a habit to pull your shirt down etc...
              thanks alot man.

lololol i was pushing my cup protector down, that thing can get real annoying during real fights.

Comment

Check out my 2nd amatuer fight. This was last night. Now 2-0 2 kos

For only 2 bouts I am extremely impressed. I just watched the first round and you worked that guy like one properly trained amateur with you hands always coming back to gaurd. Nice straight rights, nice long hooks (you may want to start turning them over some times, you'll find alot more power), add some nice uppercuts plus the 8 count and that was 1 excellent round of work.

Round 2 it was obviouse to see that you knew that this guy was all yours. Again very nice work in stopping him in that round. The only constructive critisism that I can find is that you are often crowding yourself and smothering your natural power. A half step to a full step further from the opponent and you'll be ringing bells. Aswell, the fight would have been over quicker if you had remembered that you can hurt them to the body aswell.

Overall I am extremely impressed and wish that amateur boxing had 100,000 more of you spread through out the country. I am eager to see you grow and look forward to future postings. Compliment your trainer for me, the guys doing a great job........... Rockin'
                Last edited by Rockin'; 08-06-2013, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  For only 2 bouts I am extremely impressed. I just watched the first round and you worked that guy like one properly trained amateur with you hands always coming back to gaurd. Nice straight rights, nice long hooks (you may want to start turning them over some times, you'll find alot more power), add some nice uppercuts plus the 8 count and that was 1 excellent round of work.

Round 2 it was obviouse to see that you knew that this guy was all yours. Again very nice work in stopping him in that round. The only constructive critisism that I can find is that you are often crowding yourself and smothering your natural power. A half step to a full step further from the opponent and you'll be ringing bells. Aswell, the fight would have been over quicker if you had remembered that you can hurt them to the body aswell.

Overall I am extremely impressed and wish that amateur boxing had 100,000 more of you spread through out the country. I am eager to see you grow and look forward to future postings. Compliment your trainer for me, the guys doing a great job........... Rockin'
                  great breakdown man, thanks alot. you know ur stuff.

Def knew he was mine after that first round, saw he was getting more and more tired after every step back he took. ur absolutely right about smothering my power. it was hard to find range and time him because i spar in a very very small ring so my opponents are usually alot easier to find. ill learn from this though, comes with experience.

my trainer also said i should have went after him when i hurt him to the body but i didnt even notice i did at the time lol

my next fight is thursday night. ill hopefully have a video. thanks for the support!

Comment

great breakdown man, thanks alot. you know ur stuff.

Def knew he was mine after that first round, saw he was getting more and more tired after every step back he took. ur absolutely right about smothering my power. it was hard to find range and time him because i spar in a very very small ring so my opponents are usually alot easier to find. ill learn from this though, comes with experience.

my trainer also said i should have went after him when i hurt him to the body but i didnt even notice i did at the time lol

my next fight is thursday night. ill hopefully have a video. thanks for the support!
                    Nice one. Hope you win bro! Remember making them miss makes them tired as ****, which I think that guy here was. He kept loading and missing.

Body shots are the best so if you see a guy tired, and bent over ducking, aim for an exposed rib.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Cvnt View Post
                      Nice one. Hope you win bro! Remember making them miss makes them tired as ****, which I think that guy here was. He kept loading and missing.

Body shots are the best so if you see a guy tired, and bent over ducking, aim for an exposed rib.
                      thats one in depth and well thought out training tip that you've shared with us. kinda like telling a race car driver to press on the gas pedal when the light turns green and then fully believing that you had some part in his victory lap........... Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                      X