Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question. Do you believe Floyd Mayweather will come out retirement some day?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You won't see him comeback unless the payday is humongous while the actual threat is almost zero.

He doesn't need the money and, if his claims of investment are accurate, he never will.

Comment

As others have said, not for a legitimate fight against a ranked guy.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
        150M+ for 32min scheduled fight.. think about it.
        A Khabib fight will probably draw that, and Mayweather could KO him in 30 seconds, that’s $5m per second payment.

Comment

He was asked this in a recent interview and said no. Says he’s willing to fight McGregor again or one of these MMA guys for 200-300 million if the demand is there but he’s not interested in boxing anymore. Makes sense. There’s no one in boxing that is even a clear number one right now, or could do big enough numbers to make the fight interesting as Canelo has gone up too far in weight now and TBE already schooled him once.

Personally I would like to see him stay retired now. He gave boxing his whole life and is one of VERY few boxers to get in and get out with his faculties intact. He dominated the game for almost 20 years and has nothing to prove to anyone and we can always go back and watch the numerous great performances he gave us over the years. Not to mention the documentaries and classic 24/7 episodes I still watch to this day. Skill wise I consider him the best ever and he’s also a business genius so will never have to come back like a lot of other fighters ended up doing.

Comment

I think he would’ve fought Pacquiao again if not for the shoulder excuse (that really pissed him off) and Pac losing to Jeff “School Teacher” Horn. That killed the buzz for a rematch. If Manny won 4-5 fights after the loss to Floyd and didn’t cry and complain I think there would’ve been a part 2. I’m not annoyed about that though. I had TBE winning 10-2 so there was really no need for a rematch at all. It was easy work.

Comment

Who gives a damn...the guy’s like 45 years old or whatever. If he does, he’s not gonna be any good or face any elite competition.

Comment

The haters are like - We really don’t like you but please come back. LOL. I really wonder why you spend so much time on someone you don’t even like. If I don’t like someone I don’t even take the time out of my day to talk to them or about them. Gotta be positive.

You guys talk about TBE more than his fans do. The more I think about it playing the “bad guy” and having the “Money” persona was genius. It’s like having 2 sets of fans, one that likes you and pays to see you, and one that doesn’t like you but still talks about you every single day and pays to see you. Being loved and hated gets you the most attention. Being in the middle gets you nothing.

Comment

I believe he only comes out of retirement if the payday is record setting and if the risk is near non existent. He will be happy to box Conor or any other MMA guy if the money is right but he is done boxing

Comment

Who knows probably too much gambling so he’s got to steal more money with them fraud fights

Comment

Maybe he will fight again.

Comment

Working...
                      X