Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You ever had a rich relative die, and then you got absolutely nothing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the TS... maybe you guys neglected her and didnt take better care of her... there must be a reason why she never left you guys anything.

Comment

Originally posted by KEY LOW View Post
      Yeah that's my attitude right now.. "who needs her"

but still lol your millionare grandma dies, and she gives you absolutely nothing, it's a little heartbreaking. Nobody else got anything either, she gave it all to her best friend, they lived together for almost a decade.

She could have put every single one of my nieces and nephews to college. She didn't even care. What a terrible legacy to leave behind, your entire family resenting you.

Ouch. That's worse than getting nothing.
      I think you just anwered the question. Your grandma left it to the friend who lived with her for a decade. I bet that womAn took care of your grandma.

Why didnt your grandma live with one of her kids? In my culture, elderly always lives with one of her kids , usually the son.

Rather than blaming her, think of why she did that.

Comment

Originally posted by KEY LOW View Post
        Yeah that's my attitude right now.. "who needs her"

but still lol your millionare grandma dies, and she gives you absolutely nothing, it's a little heartbreaking. Nobody else got anything either, she gave it all to her best friend, they lived together for almost a decade.

She could have put every single one of my nieces and nephews to college. She didn't even care. What a terrible legacy to leave behind, your entire family resenting you.

Ouch. That's worse than getting nothing.
        I mean it’s definitely worse for you because I’m sure you probably knew her well. I get what you are saying

Comment

My dad wasn’t rich but he had his house paid off, two trucks paid off and his wife kept everything I never seen her as a step mother due to being 2 years older than me . So he had at least $300,000 in property

Comment

Before my time, but there was a very rich woman in my family. She lived a long life, and was a widow in her later years. It was just her and her beloved pets.

As she got older, we had a slimy in law who decided to butter her up in hopes of getting it all. He'd regularly take days off and drive hundreds of miles to see her just to schmooze her.

She wasn't stupid though. When she died, she gave every penny to a local animal rescue group.

I heard that slimy in law literally stormed out of the will reading.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              My father died and I got absolutely nothing from my stepmother. And it's not like I was looking for money. But something to remember him by, anything, would have been nice.
              Why didn't you put the moves on your stepmom? You might have had a chance to get it all back. Now some college kid is over there banging her and driving around in your old man's Cadillac.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                Before my time, but there was a very rich woman in my family. She lived a long life, and was a widow in her later years. It was just her and her beloved pets.

As she got older, we had a slimy in law who decided to butter her up in hopes of getting it all. He'd regularly take days off and drive hundreds of miles to see her just to schmooze her.

She wasn't stupid though. When she died, she gave every penny to a local animal rescue group.

Comment

Yeah there were a bunch of people who were riding her coattails, especially when she got sick, they all started flocking to her.

It's a bit of poetic justice that after all their leeching, they didn't get jack **** lol

I never leeched from her, I never treated her any different because she was rich. I maintained my dignity and treated her like I treat everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                    Why didn't you put the moves on your stepmom? You might have had a chance to get it all back. Now some college kid is over there banging her and driving around in your old man's Cadillac.
                    I didn't have enough dough for a gold digger. She moved on to another older man

Comment

Thats music to my ears lol! Still sucks that none of it was dispersed to the relatives. When I pass, whatever I have will be passed down to my loved ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X