No announcement yet.

Wilder in talks with DAZN, meeting John Skipper next week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CharlieStewart View Post
    As I said in the other thread, bypassing Hearn means bypassing the aj fight. dont see what Hearn haters are giddy about.

They're not bypassing Hearn.

DAZN will only sign Wilder on the condition he fights AJ after his next fight.

And if he fights AJ it will be on a Matchroom show.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
      Go back and watch interviews around the DAZN launch, Eddie clearly says he's not the exclusive promoter.
      No doubt he'd love everything to be under the Matchroom banner but one thing about Hearn is that he will put his ego aside to make a deal.
      He's played his hand like he's the exclusive door to DAZN to PBC fighters who are largely promoter-less doe.

But maybe DAZN & Hearn had some plan of good cop, bad copping PBC guys of value towards a DAZN deal cuz he's been working this Wilder thing hard but obviously ineffectively to actually reach a Matchroom deal in my estimation.

Comment

I just want to see Joshua vs. Wilder. I don't care if it's on DAZN, PBC, ESPN, PPV, TV or laserdisc. Just make the fight happen.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
          I don't mind paying $75 for a PPV fight I want to watch. People pay for what they want. till this day I have yet to pay a penny to DAZN. I'll end up paying for Canelo/Jacobs for that month only and cancel till the next big fight.
          love it....
          :-)
          Last edited by leeroy84; 03-08-2019, 04:39 PM. Reason: cant find a wilder to dis day meme

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
            They're not bypassing Hearn.

DAZN will only sign Wilder on the condition he fights AJ after his next fight.

And if he fights AJ it will be on a Matchroom show.
            Thats bypassing Hearn.

Not bypassing Hearn would be Wilder signing a 3 fight Matchroom deal.

I mean OBVIOUSLY Hearn will lead promote Joshua vs Wilder when/if it happens just like Oscar will lead promote Canelo vs whoever, but Wilder win or lose is Hearn-less after that fight. Thats bypassing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
              I just want to see Joshua vs. Wilder. I don't care if it's on DAZN, PBC, ESPN, PPV, TV or laserdisc. Just make the fight happen.
              Lol no doubt with this as the overall bottom line. Respect new guy or new alt whatever the case maybe.

But as a daily NSB mfer I gotta bs about all the bs going on & I love doing it along with enjoying the fights on the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                What will be interesting to see is what happens with Crawford. Will ESPN say well, Wilder left to make the Joshua fight, so Spence and/or Mikey/Thurman/etc can do the same? Or will Al tell Bob to send Crawford over for the fights?
                Will Bob PAY mfers doe is the issue there?

I contend Bob is the problem with TR virtually never being able to make big fights with outside promoters with big name fighters of equal or superior popularity/draw/leverage.

I will admit I'm surprised at some recent Bob moves, but I'll still wait for actual successful outcomes before betting on him being able to make deals with outside TR ent^ties for big fights.

To me Haymon has shown himself to be a guy who'll deal with anyone with cash in their hand. Bob has not shown me that he can do that. He's a control freak with his valued boxers more than anyone else in the game.

I do think a good potential next test to see if Bob has changed his spots to stripes is if Mikey happens to beat Spence can Bob lure him over for the Bud fight which many would see as for the #1 spot at 147.

Mikey's a smart mfer who's loyalty, rightly imo, is to the dollar in this game. I have ZERO doubts Mikey would sign to anyone offering him a one fight deal for the right price with minimal small print involved & no bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Thats bypassing Hearn.

Not bypassing Hearn would be Wilder signing a 3 fight Matchroom deal.

I mean OBVIOUSLY Hearn will lead promote Joshua vs Wilder when/if it happens just like Oscar will lead promote Canelo vs whoever, but Wilder win or lose is Hearn-less after that fight. Thats bypassing him.

Well no.

Whichever way you spin this, DAZN is Hearns platform as primary promoter and consultant. Wilder proclaimed it as 'trash' less than 6 months ago.

If Wilder fights on DAZN, then Hearn wins, he gets his cut and he fulfils his business as lead promoter for DAZN by attracting fighters and subscribers. That's not bypassing him.

Wilder will pretend for his fans that he's bypassing him but in reality he is working with him either directly or indirectly.

Comment

Well, well, well. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                      If Wilder fights on DAZN, then Hearn wins
                      Hearn wins lol. Huh?

If he's invested in DAZN literally I guess you could say that doe. And I guess you could argue their would be residual upside for Hearn (& Oscar) for Wilder signing with DAZN if that happens.

That's not bypassing him.
                      Not signing with Hearn is bypassing him. Thats how you avoid doing business with someone in boxing. Thats really the only way you can at the elite level. Otherwise you end up being called a ducker by mfers on their couch 10 hours a day with Dorito dust fingers.

Wilder will pretend for his fans that he's bypassing him but in reality he is working with him either directly or indirectly.
                      For the Joshua vs Wilder fight yea sure. But thats where it'll end if he signs with DAZN & not Hearn.

Comment

Working...
                      X