No announcement yet.

Wilder in talks with DAZN, meeting John Skipper next week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
    Go back and watch interviews around the DAZN launch, Eddie clearly says he's not the exclusive promoter.
    No doubt he'd love everything to be under the Matchroom banner but one thing about Hearn is that he will put his ego aside to make a deal.
    What a load of horse sh1!t.

“As far as negotiations, it’ll never be him, that’s for sure,” Wilder said about Eddie Hearn not being involved in his negotiations with DAZN. “We’re here to get the job done. I’ll never get done with him. We don’t want no parts of Eddie. I don’t want no part of him. We don’t need him to reach out to me or call me. It’s done. You don’t burn bridges. You don’t come into this sport calling people, ‘Shirley,’ trying to talk about where people from,” Wilder said.

If Hearn didn’t have an ego, he’d have introduced skipper himself and backed out of negotiations on his own accord. This is a huge problem in boxing at the moment. Haymon, Arum and Hearn have ego’s big enough for 1000 men, and it’s getting in the way of fights being made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post

If Hearn didn’t have an ego, he’d have introduced skipper himself and backed out of negotiations on his own accord. This is a huge problem in boxing at the moment. Haymon, Arum and Hearn have ego’s big enough for 1000 men, and it’s getting in the way of fights being made.
      Isn't this pretty much what's happening? Hearns stepping back and letting di Bella et al get on with it?
      Of course they all have egos, but Hearn has shown the ability to put his aside for the benefit of his fighters numerous times. He will work with literally anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieStewart View Post
        As I said in the other thread, bypassing Hearn means bypassing the aj fight. dont see what Hearn haters are giddy about, getting wilder on dazn is a w for Hearn, regardless of how it happened. But why would you announce a meeting a week in advance? Everything is dramatic with team wilder, don't be surprised if this is just for show
        you're acting like this is the first time it's ever been reported that a fighter is meeting with a promoter. You new to boxing? or just follow Wilder threads? There's literally been 1 thread per week about GGG's people meeting with a different promoter for the last 3 months. News gets leaked, and reporters report thigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
          What a load of horse sh1!t.

“As far as negotiations, it’ll never be him, that’s for sure,” Wilder said about Eddie Hearn not being involved in his negotiations with DAZN. “We’re here to get the job done. I’ll never get done with him. We don’t want no parts of Eddie. I don’t want no part of him. We don’t need him to reach out to me or call me. It’s done. You don’t burn bridges. You don’t come into this sport calling people, ‘Shirley,’ trying to talk about where people from,” Wilder said.

It's all just to save face from Wilder to his fanboys.

Wilder must deal with Hearn to get onto DAZN because DAZN won't pay Wilder all that money to fight Breazeale and not AJ. AJ is contracted to Matchroom not DAZN.

Use your damn brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
            Isn't this pretty much what's happening? Hearns stepping back and letting di Bella et al get on with it?
            Of course they all have egos, but Hearn has shown the ability to put his aside for the benefit of his fighters numerous times. He will work with literally anyone.
            No, they're not negotiating for a fight now. Dibella contacted Dazn, not other way around.
            When Joshua wanted to fight in Vegas and demanded $50 mil for Wilder fight, Haymon called his BLUFF. Hearn wanted to be lead promoter so they turned it down. Why couldn't Hearn take a step back, call Haymon's alleged bluff and let his fighter earn huge $$$.
            His EGO!!

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
              Wilder must deal with Hearn to get onto DAZN

Use your damn brain.

You make this too easy for me, i don't even need to say anything. I will though....

I just farted

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Meaning GGG Negotiated his OWN Deal WITHOUT Eddie Hearn being involved. Also just said himself on Tha Boxing Voice right now that he is NOT doing any business with Eddie Hearn because his his Disrespect with stuff like:
                "Just A Guy From Alabama"
                "Shirley Winkle"
                Matchroom negotiate for AJ and DAZN are going to have to ensure terms for AJ v Wilder are agreed (especially if UK rematch). So to suggest Hearn not involved is comical.

Comment

• So if wilder joins DAZN what does this mean for Whyte gong to ESPN? Surely he should re consider before he is aligned completely in the wrong place. The big fight will be against fury but end up televised American timeframe and miss out on a uk ppv if he’s not careful!

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    LOL, also Wilder is being petty not wanting Hearn involved here. Wants a direct face to face with Skipper instead. Fair play, but the man really does hate Hearn, huh?
                    Listened to TBV with him on it , it's clear as day he doesn't understand business at all , I caught at least 3 contradictory statements and just a bunch of delusionary points . Clearly someone is lying to him and that one is Finkel.

DAZN is partners with Matchroom , so he's probably so out of touch he's unaware of that , that's how ignorant he comes across . This is real talk. I believe he's going to lose his next tightening not even sure what happens then ? He better sign on a guarantee number of fights because he's not a PPV fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                      Listened to TBV with him on it , it's clear as day he doesn't understand business at all , I caught at least 3 contradictory statements and just a bunch of delusionary points . Clearly someone is lying to him and that one is Finkel.

DAZN is partners with Matchroom , so he's probably so out of touch he's unaware of that , that's how ignorant he comes across . This is real talk. I believe he's going to lose his next tightening not even sure what happens then ? He better sign on a guarantee number of fights because he's not a PPV fighter.
                      He can still sign with DAZN like GBP did directly without having Matchroom's involvement. Now, obviously with the Joshua fight, they will be involved. But maybe he was trying to just say that? He doesn't want to be affiliated with them, or Hearn in particular? I didn't listen to the interview, just read the quote about this isn't a farewell to SHO, and one day he can return on there or something to that extent.

Comment

Working...
                      X