Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lies Being Told By Eddie Hearn and Tom Loeffler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the same thing, no way that fight got made in 24 hours.... It's been in the works for a while. I normally dismiss you as a Khan fan boy but I was thinking the exact same thing here. As a Brook fan I don't like this fight... guys like Stevens and Lemieux couldn't hurt GGG, how is Brook going to do it, because he'll have to or GGG will stop him whenever he is ready.... he's not got an advantage in the skill department either, He's got much less of a chance than Khan had against Canelo.

Comment

Yeah for sure

The Vargas/Eubank fights was just to distract

I mean HEARN wanted to cut Vargas purse he offered at the last minute by 20%
      And it's easy to make Sr. Look like the bad guy. Eubank wanted to controls ticket prices that was one of the issues, makes sense since he wanted to see that $ as opposed to how Matchroom will set their prices but let's stubhub take a majority of them and they get to eat off the mark up as well with none of that going to the fighter.

HEARN & Loeffler must think fans are stupid if they beleive that we think this fight was done and organized in a 24hr period

Comment

Yet somehow I still believe Hearn and Loeffler and don't believe you. If Hearn is such a lying scumbag why would Eubank choose him as his promoter? Why would they go through weeks of negotiations with Eubank instead of just making the Brook fight immediately if that's the fight both Hearn and Loeffler wanted? None of what you say makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Yeah for sure

The Vargas/Eubank fights was just to distract

I mean HEARN wanted to cut Vargas purse he offered at the last minute by 20%
          And it's easy to make Sr. Look like the bad guy. Eubank wanted to controls ticket prices that was one of the issues, makes sense since he wanted to see that $ as opposed to how Matchroom will set their prices but let's stubhub take a majority of them and they get to eat off the mark up as well with none of that going to the fighter.

HEARN & Loeffler must think fans are stupid if they beleive that we think this fight was done and organized in a 24hr period
          The deal was done. The date, the venue, UK ppv , Hbo coverage, with 9 weeks to go. Eubank balked at 4m, Brook stepped in and took the same deal, 3x what he was gonna make for Vargas. If Jr didn't see the contract, it's cause apparently his promoter is not allowed to talk to him directly, all communication goes through Sr

Comment

Why? Why go through all that just to make Golovkin vs Brook?

Immediately after the Eubank Doran fight, Eubank Sr in the post fight press conference started talking about "changing the game" and that if this fight with Golovkin doesn't happen it's because of Sky and that they want to change the entire PPV structure so that the fighter has complete control.

That's why Hearn's account of things make sense. From the very start Eubank Sr was talking crazy. It's obvious what happened from there - after weeks of trying to get Eubanks to sign, Hearn offered the same exact deal to Brook who already made it clear he wanted to fight Golovkin and he agreed. The deal, all the details were already worked out, all they had to do is change it to Brook. That's why it didn't take long, all the work with the networks was already done.

It doesn't make any sense to go through all that just to purposely make Eubank look bad. Hearn promotes both Eubank and Brook, why on earth would he want to do that? What purposes does it serve Hearn?

As for Vargas, who cares, I always thought that was a weak fight anyways. It's Vargas we're talking about here (hint: he isn't that good).

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Why? Why go through all that just to make Golovkin vs Brook?

Immediately after the Eubank Doran fight, Eubank Sr in the post fight press conference started talking about "changing the game" and that if this fight with Golovkin doesn't happen it's because of Sky and that they want to change the entire PPV structure so that the fighter has complete control.

That's why Hearn's account of things make sense. From the very start Eubank Sr was talking crazy. It's obvious what happened from there - after weeks of trying to get Eubanks to sign, Hearn offered the same exact deal to Brook who already made it clear he wanted to fight Golovkin and he agreed. The deal, all the details were already worked out, all they had to do is change it to Brook. That's why it didn't take long, all the work with the networks was already done.

It doesn't make any sense to go through all that just to purposely make Eubank look bad. Hearn promotes both Eubank and Brook, why on earth would he want to do that? What purposes does it serve Hearn?

As for Vargas, who cares, I always thought that was a weak fight anyways. It's Vargas we're talking about here (hint: he isn't that good).
              Tom Loeffler wanted Brook...

Hearn is more loyal to Brook. The Eubanks can switch sides at the drop of a hat

Hearn pulled rank and went with Kell.

Hearn saw "££'s", the Vargas fight was a risk, especially for the money they were giving him and what was at stake. Hearn feeds Brook to GGG, makes a couple of million and then goes back to begging Khan for a fight at 154.

Eubank Jr was too high risk for Loeffler, they know the kid is a handful, and they arent going to risk it, they rather fight a more high profile british boxer like Froch.

Brook is a good way for GGG to make a small dent in the UK market, and then call out BJS or Degale.

Comment

all these people with their conspiracy theories crack me up. This fight is actually the WORST scenario for Hearn and Loeffler.

Lets start with Hearn. Instead of cashing out his last fight with Eubank on a big PPV, now technically he still owes them a fight that he will likely make ZERO dollars on. And in addition, instead of Brook fighting Vargas, and likely ending up a unified champion at 147 and in a great position for Thurman, Garcia, etc, instead now he's going to get his brains bashed in at 160. Sure, its easy to say there is no shame in losing to GGG, but if Brook gets blown out his stock could take a HUGE hit, before Hearn has even made any real money on Brook yet.

And as for Loeffler, why on earth would he prefer Brook over Eubank? GGG likely ghouls both, but the bad PR on GGG-Brook is off the chain, and truthfully Brook is probably a tougher fight, if his chin holds up.

So im not sure why both Hearn and Loeffler would go to all this trouble just to take a worse fight. Makes no sense.......

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  It's only lies when it's something you don't want to hear. There's video of the Eubank's making extra demands so that much we know is true.

I don't see the big issue. We expected Eubank to lose and we expect Brook to lose. The only thing that really matters is who do you think has the better chance of winning against GGG, Eubank or Brook.
                  Were is that video?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    The most disgusting lie i heard come from Hearn's mouth was ' i worked my bollocks off'
                    = i was snorting coke and getting blowies by prozzies riding round in my bentley while on speakerphone to his Assistants ' hav we mad any facking fites yet ' ?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      Tom Loeffler wanted Brook...

Hearn is more loyal to Brook. The Eubanks can switch sides at the drop of a hat

Hearn pulled rank and went with Kell.

Hearn saw "££'s", the Vargas fight was a risk, especially for the money they were giving him and what was at stake. Hearn feeds Brook to GGG, makes a couple of million and then goes back to begging Khan for a fight at 154.

Eubank Jr was too high risk for Loeffler, they know the kid is a handful, and they arent going to risk it, they rather fight a more high profile british boxer like Froch.

Brook is a good way for GGG to make a small dent in the UK market, and then call out BJS or Degale.
                      lol that doesn't make any sense. Eubank isn't much of a risk at all. Tom Loeffler isn't some grand conspiracy artist, this is incredibly far fetched even for NSB standards. If Brook was their first choice, there is absolutely no need to put up a big show with Eubank and let me guess, Tom Loeffler is behind Eubank Sr making all those demands at the Doran post fight press conference too?

And you're saying they would want BJS and DeGale after Brook, aren't those guys bigger risks than Eubank?

If Hearn sees Brook as a guy that makes him more money than Eubank, why "feed" him to Golovkin? That doesn't make any sense, as it's obviously a very dangerous fight for Brook, not just in the sense of losing but potentially getting ruined as a fighter. What kind of strategy is that?

This isn't game of thrones. It's pretty simple - Eubank demanded too much, Brook steps in, deal is done.

Comment

Working...
                      X