Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inside info of the Rigo camp from Willie Suarez, who was doing the tweets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's unfortunate but Rigo brought most of this upon himself for sticking with that wretched busch league "promotional" company.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Sounds like a lot of excuses for things that didn't have much to do with the outcome. Every fighter has distractions and adversities. Whoever told him it was ok to fight a brilliant 130lber (that's about to go to 135) is truly to blame. I think they saw the money and didn't think about the reality.
      If he really does have the kind of financial worries that are mentioned I'd say he had little choice about taking the fight, man, whatever the weight. Where else would he get that kind of money? Losing a fight isn't that big a thing if you've got to keep the wolves from the door. It's just a shame that such a supremely talented fighter should find himself in such a position, but boxing has always been a cruel mistress I think - the history of the sport has many such tales.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Sounds like a lot of excuses for things that didn't have much to do with the outcome. Every fighter has distractions and adversities. Whoever told him it was ok to fight a brilliant 130lber (that's about to go to 135) is truly to blame. I think they saw the money and didn't think about the reality.
        Sure, but Rigo has to overcome last minute obstacles no different than the politics when other affiliates are aiming to distract. Like when Floyd’s IV gate was released the week of the fight to derail 49-0. Coincidence? Berto is no Loma that’s for sure...but the main difference in money. Floyd’s riches and comfort are obviously different...

Any real man can tell you the hardships when stressing about money. The 80s was the worst here. My dad lost everything when businesses folded like many others during the crisis. Stress, booze, just two years later he got cancer as did my mom, but my parents survived and I help them rent out their home.

Whatever it may be, even if the fans claim excuses, karma as I say.... they say Loma’s 2nd pro fight was why he lost... if I’m not mistaken that’s an excuse... Rigo Losing his 0 to a p4p fighter two divisions up vs a Vacant strap opportunity to Salido... I mean hey, good for boxing!!!

Comment

Social media and boxing should go hand in hand. Can't blame them for hyping this fight. He just didn't show up. Plain simple, even without promising fireworks, it was disappointing.

Comment

I don't have a words to describe how much I feel sorry for Rigo, really

Lomachenko WARNED Rigo to stay away from him

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              I knew it was not Rigo tweeting. I knew it was one of the bloodsuckers around him doing it.

What were these lawsuits all about??
              He didn't say what the lawsuits were about but I would imagine at least a couple of them would be with Gary Hyde to get out of the contract. He said that one day before the Donaire fight he was served with another notice for a lawsuit. It's best to ask the source, in this case Willie Suarez.

Comment

So are we supposed to feel sorry for him? This should have been even more incentive to fight till the end. If his stock wasn't already all time low, it will be now.

Plus all his court issues are his fault. He was the one who got too big for his boots and didn't want to fight anyone.

He is a cautionary tale for all young fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  So are we supposed to feel sorry for him? This should have been even more incentive to fight till the end. If his stock wasn't already all time low, it will be now.

Plus all his court issues are his fault. He was the one who got too big for his boots and didn't want to fight anyone.

He is a cautionary tale for all young fighters.
                  No, on the contrary, he should be blamed for not showing any of his boxing skills and quitting like a *****. My post was informative, I was just sharing info from one of the guys in his camp. This did make me thing if Rigo could have thrown the fight for some money that would not come from Caribe, since Caribe is probably keeping most of the money.

Comment

I knew it wasn't Rigo because the first press conference Rigo was real quiet when they asked him about Loma and the things he said on twitter. He said i do my talking in he ring lol. Idk his whole demeanor was different in front of Loma then the confidence his twitter displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                      I knew it wasn't Rigo because the first press conference Rigo was real quiet when they asked him about Loma and the things he said on twitter. He said i do my talking in he ring lol. Idk his whole demeanor was different in front of Loma then the confidence his twitter displayed.
                      Happens a lot. People get braver when they're behind keyboards. Even boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X