Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Jacobs: I Won That Fight, I Beat Golovkin By Two Points!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs vs Canelo now becomes another interesting matchup. Jacobs did well as I expected and actually made a bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      BoxNation and Sky Sports had Jacobs winning too. As did Steve Kim.
      You know there is a HUGE difference between winning a fight, and winning 9-3 ffs

9-3 is pure and utter domination.

That 9-3 card is absolutely embarrassing. Literally cringeworthy, from someone so high profile and good at what he does. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        BoxNation and Sky Sports had Jacobs winning too. As did Steve Kim.
        I watched the Boxnation feed and if I'm not mistaken, they had Jacobs winning by a single point - and that was with Danny taking rounds 1-3. Hardly the 9-3 card Cliff turned in.
        Personally, I didn't score the fight as I was watching, but if you ask me who won, it was Jacobs by razor thin decision seeing he lost the point on the knockdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          This is insane. I'm sorry, but it is. People are giving Jacobs way too much credit here. I can't think of any other reason for this.
          Those folks are pro Euro fighters, so don't even look for something out of the ordinary.

Comment

• The British commentary scored it pretty fairly...except they didn't consider that the official judges would not favour that tap and run stuff. First 3 rounds were all tap and run.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
              The British commentary scored it pretty fairly...except they didn't consider that the official judges would not favour that tap and run stuff. First 3 rounds were all tap and run.
              The Brits are better commentators, I agree. Less biased and better knowledge even if a Brit fights.

Comment

• Danny lost but put up a spirited effort. I had 7-5 Golovkin and that was with the terrible British commentary.

Rewatched the fight and scored 8-4 for the champion. Jacobs didn't do enough in the early rounds and lost a majority of the late rounds on my card.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  This is insane. I'm sorry, but it is. People are giving Jacobs way too much credit here. I can't think of any other reason for this.
                  There's always a bias in boxing scoring where a fighter gets credit for doing better than expected

Comment

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
                    People who are complaining about Jacobs not doing the second day weigh in are pathetic. This second day weigh in is not a real rule. They just made this up like two seconds ago. And now you got a bunch of internet trolls PRETENDING that they think it is a real rule. Y'all did the same thing when Mayweather didn't make the CATCHWEIGHT before dominating Marquez. Hello people, CATCHWEIGHTS and SECOND DAY WEIGH INS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RULES OF THE SPORT.
                    They are rules for the IBF title which both had AGREE. One fallow the rules and Jacobs cheated to have Weight Advantage. He should have not agree so GGG could have rehydrate to his preference.

Comment

• "Gennady "GGG" Golovkin, the most fearsome knockout artist of this era" WHO IN TF SAYS HE IS THE MOST FEARED "KNOCKOUT ARTIST" OF HIS ERA???? WHO IN TF HAS HE FOUGHT BESIDES JACOBS???? his power is OVERRATED when he steps up in competition

I had Jacobs winning the fight quite comfortably.
                      i had it 8-4 possibly 7-5 for the Miracle Man
                      115-112 or 114-113
                      jacobs skipped the ibf weigh-in and still ONLY weighed 10lbs more than golovkin. if a rematch happens i think Jacobs wins far more decisively knowing he can outbox ggg i think he will put ggg on the backfoot more and pressure him and sit down on his punches more and exchange with golovkin alot more bc he's sure his chin can hold up.
                      ggg did NOT win over 5 rounds of this contest.

Comment

Working...
                      X