No announcement yet.

Any tips for dealing with paranoia ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
    Had a few schizophrenic episodes way back when, started out as Phet psychosis but it returned with a vengence six months and some after I quit using. Worst time hit right when I was hitching around the country nowhere close to anywhere like home. Auditory hallucinations, delusions all the shebang... and at the time you can't disbelieve that ish any more than you can disbelieve in the oncoming traffic when you're about to cross a road. Even now 20 or so years later the experiences are just as real - more vivid if anything - as any other memory in my head.

Anyways long story short that was pretty much what it boiled down to, once the worse of the intensity died down after a coupla days and I was capable of thinking at all, beyond simply walking the fuck away from the town where I was at the time and getting the hell away from any and all people... Just started talking to myself, telling myself what I would have believed before those experiences, asking myself if I would think like that normally and so on... I couldn't disprove it because the specific architecture of the delusion was internally coherent but over time and repetition I started to accept that even if it was real it didn't seem to be directly impacting on my life any more...

IDK. I been in a few genuine life threatening situations but I never had any other fear like that... well not til I had kids, but that's another story. In the end though I returned to something like normal within not too long (though I had a morbid fear of insomnia that stayed with me for over a decade) and I credit it largely with the fact that I was already so used to altered states of conciousness that I'd somehow lost the mental rigidity that can cause folks minds to permanently fracture... who knows though, just rationalisation probably.
    Very interesting experience you had. One of the worse things a mental health group can do is create a self fufilling prophecy. It is always better to give the benefit of the doubt and try to let a person find a way to deal with the experience. When new psych docs would come in, fresh out of school this was a real touchy point between the rest of the staff (some of the most awesome people I had the pleasure of working with) and new docs, who were then told by experienced docs, why branding someone with a label can be a bad thing.

It is awesome you found a way to frame the experience. many people who have these experiences are very bright and gifted...they probably had very high status when we communicated across different boundries as human beings. I am sorry for the fear, I can only imagine. I do believe that when a person can validate the voices they can control themselves.

Also everyone is different. My brother in law who passed recently was schizophrenic and he loved his voices. for him they were a whole internal world. This was his way... Your understanding and ability to see a connection to altered states of consciousness is a wonderful acceptance of your experience. Yes an auditory reality can be real, and need not make one act. i never felt like i was more grounded, more intelligent about the situation, when I was speaking with individuals who had auditory experiences. Hence, we could trust each other, and i could honestly state to them that I believed them. Then we could both understand that the voices where real, and so was the ability of the person to not accept the voices as commanding them.

Great to hear that you were able to see past this experience. Yeah when we have those types of experiences we do think about our kids lol. I find myself doing that because of my brother in law... because of the age for an average schizophrenic break.

Comment

Remember...….

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't following you.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        If weed dont help, then special K might help.

I really dont think there is much cure for paranoia.

I know because Im paranoid all the time, 24-7, despite being high all day.
        Highly likely you're paranoid because of smoking so much weed you dumb fcuk

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post
          Hardest part is quieting the mind, took me months and persistence to somewhat achieve it. I beleive the brain is a receiver of sorts due to the electrical current we have in our bodies. You need to tune into what's around instead of what's in the mind at that time.

The mind electric
          The brain is a super highway of electrical signals, processing and delivering millions of messages to the entire infrastructure of the human body every second....

Human conduit

Static electricity

Faith healers

Vibes

Signature frequency

Current of injury

ATP—Energy of life

Stimulating ATP synthesis

Microcurrent and ATP

The frequency-specific body

Light energy and ATP

Oxygen infusion and ATP

Going electric
          Interesting. I read every word of that. I might look some of that up and research a bit more. Somewhere in there has to be a connect or relation to the neuro chemistry and its own delicate balance.
          I recall years ago they did studies or treatments consisting of electrical shock therapy, for the mentally ill person. I imagine that is relative also.
          Anyhow, that's a good portion, for anyone taking the time to read it through and give it some credence...

Comment

Originally posted by TheReadyTimeBoy View Post
            Highly likely you're paranoid because of smoking so much weed you dumb fcuk
            Who the hell gets paranoid smoking weed lol. You some pampered poosie or something?

I smoke weed because it helps me relax. It’s not the weed that gets me paranoid you simple minded idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
              Interesting. I read every word of that. I might look some of that up and research a bit more. Somewhere in there has to be a connect or relation to the neuro chemistry and its own delicate balance.
              I recall years ago they did studies or treatments consisting of electrical shock therapy, for the mentally ill person. I imagine that is relative also.
              Anyhow, that's a good portion, for anyone taking the time to read it through and give it some credence...
              Its been since around the early ninities when I worked as a mental health worker at sheppard Pratt in Towson. I know you are familiar with the area CauliflowerEars. At the time when I left they still did Electroshock for some patients. It was voluntary... Important point here! But some patients found it helpful. For all I know they might still be using it.

Comment

Try researching & taking a mild supplement called NAC. Probably won't see dramatic results but maybe it will at least calm you down enough to stop you from hurting yourself. It's often given to schizophrenics.
                Last edited by ////; 02-04-2020, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X