No announcement yet.

Was Canelo Exposed as a 1-Dimensional Fighter Against Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
    As you all know I'm no fan of Golovkin but Canelo was exposed as a very one-dimensional fighter last night in the Don's sometimes humble opinion. Not many counters from the supposedly skilled counter puncher. He had a weak body attack, his defense was poor, his offense wasn't much better.

Canelo doesn't seem like a natural fighter to me and looked confused and tired the entire night against Golovkin.

Although I don't Canelo Alvarez was exposed to literally be a 'one dimensional fighter', I do think that he was exposed to be EXTREMELY overrated in certain areas. I also think he was exposed to be more limited than what others were giving Canelo credit for. So even if he wasn't totally one dimensional, I would agree that he is still severely more limited than what many others seem to think of Canelo.

For all the claims of Canelo Alvarez's body punching, combination and offensive versatility being such a big factor in this fight, Canelo Alvarez was ultimately limited to landing the odd, single punch every few minutes. In comparison to how he was rated by some posters, he was definitely exposed to be very overrated and limited.

However, that still doesn't mean Canelo Alvarez himself was 'one dimensional'. It just means that his opponent, in this case GGG was skilled enough himself to prevent Canelo from looking as good as he did or as 'multi-dimensional' as he did in his past fights against inferior opponents compared to Golovkin.

All in all, one thing this fight proved to me was that Canelo Alvarez was never really more skilled than Golovkin. If Golovkin, at age 35 could make the fight that competitive against a 27 year old, peak Canelo Alvarez and be good enough to at least get a draw if not a win, then it tells me that peak Golovkin would've demolished and beaten Canelo Alvarez far more convincingly.

Comment

I couldn't understand why some was speaking as if Canelo was head and shoulders above Golovkin in terms of his boxing but he was not exposed as one dimensional. He's not a one dimensional. He is a bit overrated as the next great fighter. You can't be a great fighter when your stamina is always an issue. Unless he has some underlying medical issue there's no excuse for his stamina to be that suspect.
      Last edited by HarvardBlue; 09-17-2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        I couldn't understand why some was speaking as if Canelo was head and shoulders above Golv in therms of his boxing but he was not exposed as one dimensional. He's not one dimensional. He is a bit overrated as the next great fighter. You can't be a great fighter when your stamina is always an issue. Unless he has some underlying medical issue there's no excuse for his stamina to be that suspect.
        He gets tired because the Red-Haired fiend doesn't know how to mix up the speed of his punches, everything is hard and explosive. Like I said earlier he lacks ring IQ and doesn't know how to preserve himself for 12 rounds against a good opponent. He was sucking the wind by the end of the 3rd.

Plus his head movements are overexaggerated.

Comment

Working...
        X