No announcement yet.

Was Canelo Exposed as a 1-Dimensional Fighter Against Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Canelo Exposed as a 1-Dimensional Fighter Against Golovkin

As you all know I'm no fan of Golovkin but Canelo was exposed as a very one-dimensional fighter last night in the Don's sometimes humble opinion. Not many counters from the supposedly skilled counter puncher. He had a weak body attack, his defense was poor, his offense wasn't much better.

Canelo doesn't seem like a natural fighter to me and looked confused and tired the entire night against Golovkin.

Neither guy was exposed to me. Canelo has improved dramatically the past few years. Golovkin has slowed down. They met here and now and it was a close fight.

I do think Canelo was more focused on avoiding prolonged engagements than on countering but considering who his opponent was, not an unwise thing.

GGG won tho.
    Last edited by ////; 09-17-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

What are you talking about? Before the fight, he was supposed to be a defensive counter punchers. In the fight, he showed some good offense by teeing off well, and he also put all the "cement feet" accusations to rest. He moved and boxed extremely well.

Canelo has been getting better and better every fight. He showed more nuances to his game than ever before.

Comment

I dont think you know what one dimension fighter is, he boxed very well showed more movement and angles than he ever has, gassed as usual and couldnt hurt the bigger man, GGG is more one dimension than Canelo is, only knows one thing drudge forward very little movement or angles and not even cutting the ring off always leaving Canelo an escape route.
        I had it 115-113 GGG.

Comment

exposed?

not in any negative way. these guys proved versatility

Comment

Yes I don't think u know the definition of one dimensional.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              What are you talking about? Before the fight, he was supposed to be a defensive counter punchers. In the fight, he showed some good offense by teeing off well, and he also put all the "cement feet" accusations to rest. He moved and boxed extremely well.

Canelo has been getting better and better every fight. He showed more nuances to his game than ever before.
              I saw a confused and fatigued fighter after 3 rounds. He lack of ring IQ was greatly exposed and his counter punching ability is extremely overrated.

Moving your feet isn't really a dimension unless you can punch on the move, which Canelo couldn't. Circling the ring simply isn't enough.

He was kind of exposed last night. Not like Donaire Rigo exposed but more like Chavez vs Whittaker exposed.

Comment

Stop posting while drunk, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  I dont think you know what one dimension fighter is, he boxed very well showed more movement and angles than he ever has, gassed as usual and couldnt hurt the bigger man, GGG is more one dimension than Canelo is, only knows one thing drudge forward very little movement or angles and not even cutting the ring off always leaving Canelo an escape route.
                  I had it 115-113 GGG.
                  I wonder if you know what you're watching friend. Canelo looked to be outboxed and rather confused the entire fight. The kid is 1 dimensional, 1 1/2 if you want to be generous.

Comment

No. Not one-dimensional.

But Canelo showed that he's not the best strategist. It seemed he was laying back too much. He was winning exchanges, but didn't engage often enough.

He stuck himself against the ropes for no apparent reason a couple of times, and let Golovkin get in some scoring shots.

Golovkin is more one-dimensional.

Comment

Working...
                    X