Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Marquez just destroy Mayweather's legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight proved two things.....
    1. Floyd is the most hated boxer since jack Johnson

2. The Marquez win for Floyd might be floyd's best win....considering it was a rusty Floyd who dominated jmm.

Comment

Man, I'm glad Marquez won last night, but this stupid thread makes me wish a a scandal about peds arises so that the defeat is diminished and the Stans stfu about a fighter who wasn't even in the ring!!! How can Floyd's legacy enhance? If anything it's in stalemate. Oh yeah he beat, I mean dominated, the guy that knocked out el Pacquiao... But never mind the fact that it took Marquez 4 fights to knock him down and knock him out...
      Last edited by Infamous; 12-09-2012, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gera View Post
        Man, I'm glad Marquez won last night, but this stupid thread makes me wish a a scandal about peds arises so that the defeat is diminished and the Stans stfu about a fighter who wasn't even in the ring!!! How can Floyd's legacy enhance? If anything it's in stalemate. Oh yeah he beat, I mean dominated, the guy that knocked out el Pacquiao... But never mind the fact that it took Marquez 4 fights to knock him down and knock him out...
        its quite simple. by pacquiaos legacy being diminished mayweathers look better by comparison. it doesnt make floyds legacy any better, but if ppl had the best fighters of this era ranked:

pacquiao
        mayweather
        marquez

going in, after the KO pacquiao will drop under marquez but marquez is unliely to pass floyd bcuz of how one sided their fight was making it:

mayweather
        marquez
        pacquiao

hense changing floyds place in history even though he didnt enhance his legacy. kind of how floyd became #1 p4p by tarver knocking out RJJ hes now established his place as #1 of his generation through the circumstances surrounding the other fighters.

personally i always ranked them like that so it doesnt change anything for me.

Comment

If you play it that way, Then Pacquiao's wins over Cotto/Mosley/ODH/Hatton put Manny ahead of Floyd. He stopped them and shut them out in great fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
            If you play it that way, Then Pacquiao's wins over Cotto/Mosley/ODH/Hatton put Manny ahead of Floyd. He stopped them and shut them out in great fashion.
            Not really the same because Pacquaio was brutally knocked out by Marquez.

Not saying that it's a logical way to look at it. I'm just saying, it's not the same as saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
              Triangle theories don't work in boxing. So, No! This fight had nothing to do with Floyd. Sure it makes him look like a pussy, but JMM makes anyone look like a pussy!

JMM went to war 4 times with Pacquiao and knocked him out cold.
              JMM fought Floyd and went all 12 rounds with him while being outgunned and outclassed.

Manny and Floyd ducked each other, JMM has more balls than both of those two losers combined! He faced both of them with all the disadvantages in the world!
              Great post!!!!

Comment

On the one hand, the Mayweather - Pacquiao fight will never happen after this. Mayweather will always go down as the main reason the fight did not happen.

On the other, Mayweather dominated JMM, Pacquiao arguably lost every single fight against him. And was brutually knocked out in 4th. When you look at it that way, it becomes favourable to Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                  This is false one fighter beating another enhances the third fighters legacy if he dominated the winning fighter. I'm not saying triangle theories, I'm just saying in terms of the resume of guys you've beaten. Which is why beating Canelo if Mayweather fights him, I assure you he hopes Canelo goes on to have a storied career because it'll look better for him that way. Ruining Canelo would be a good payday but not a great legacy builder.

Even if you don't go that route there's zero way you can say that it actually hurt Floyds legacy. That's only if you're straight up hating to be honest. They never fought, but that's not fully on Floyd. It's Floyd and Pac both to blame.
                  It's pretty much what I'm saying. Triangle theories are bull**** and this shouldn't really affect Floyd's legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Perhaps if he hadn't lost 12-0 to him, you would have a point. Last night helps Mayweather's legacy a lot. Guess whose legacy it hurt? Go ahead, give it a shot.

Nope, actually getting in the ring and defeating Pacquiao > triangle theory speculation. Floyd would've gained much more in terms of legacy by beating Pacquiao when he was thought to be unbeatable. I think he could've done it too, but we'll never know for sure.

Comment

No....Mayweather did!

End Thread/

Comment

Working...
                      X