Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were one of the guys who though Lucas was World Class level...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    If Lucas fought bums for titles like Broner does he'd have more then 1 title to his name.
    Paulie >/= Judah. Broner beat Paulie to win a title, Matthysse lost to Judah in an eliminator.

He's fought THAT level of opposition and came up short.

Comment

no no the world class fighters are the ones i like, not the ones you like

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        so you have to be able to beat two of the best fighters ever, who fight at a weigh higher than your own, to be world class?

you guys don't know what a world class fighter is, and that's fine. just stop acting like you do
        hes not a world class boxer, he makes too many mistakes hes very good tho but not great, what did I say wrong? I was just saying some people hyped him up a bit much that statement really had nothing to do with anything just mentioning post I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
          hes not a world class boxer, he makes too many mistakes hes very good tho but not great, what did I say wrong? I was just saying some people hyped him up a bit much that statement really had nothing to do with anything just mentioning post I saw.

just shh for a second and listen. i can make you more knowledgable if you listen:

you can make all the mistakes in the world and still be a world class fighter if you beat or are competitive with other world class fighters. muhammad ali made every mistake in the book. fought with both hands low, pulled straight back when he was in range, rowed the jab, hung out on the ropes.

he also beat virtually every top HW from the 60's and 70's.

if you spend the last 5 years as a contender for the 140 lb title, winning a shot even at the lineal championship, you are world class. matthysse did that.\

how is the guy who fights a competitive fight with the lineal champion [garcia] not world class? danny showed a heck of a chin and a ton of skill to beat lucas on that night. you saw what that kind of gas can do to a guy like peterson, alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
            You just don't get it!!!! If you do "really good" against another guy,who fought a world class guy and lost then by proxy you have to be world class because you beat the other guy "better" than the world class guy did.... Come on man!!!! It's simple... Algeri beat Ruslan better than Bradley did so clearly that puts Algeri on the same level as Bradley! Both World Class...

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
              I don't respect your opinion about the sport AT ALL! The fact that you couldn't see how flawed he was as a fighter tells me all I need to know in regards to your knowledge of the sport. How many times had he let the belt "slip away" ... Not even... Because he was usually losing the whole way in his championship fights... Then the guy quits against a guy who has about half the experience he does in these type fights! I knew he would lose so it bet against him but to take a knee and not get back up when's you supposedly have "fight ending power" and rabid fans that have stood behind you (not for long) for years ... And he quits? Lol.... GATEKEEPER!!!
              I agree with you. Lucas has been one of the most over rated guys on NSB.

It's like all people see is his power.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-05-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                Paulie >/= Judah. Broner beat Paulie to win a title, Matthysse lost to Judah in an eliminator.

He's fought THAT level of opposition and came up short.
                He beat Paulie haha.. Yeah, real world beater there...
                Matthysse has lost close fights, that doesn't make him an overhyped bum.. Broner has stepped up 2 times to world class fighters and been embarrassed both times...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  just shh for a second and listen. i can make you more knowledgable if you listen:

you can make all the mistakes in the world and still be a world class fighter if you beat or are competitive with other world class fighters. muhammad ali made every mistake in the book. fought with both hands low, pulled straight back when he was in range, rowed the jab, hung out on the ropes.

he also beat virtually every top HW from the 60's and 70's.

if you spend the last 5 years as a contender for the 140 lb title, winning a shot even at the lineal championship, you are world class. matthysse did that.\

how is the guy who fights a competitive fight with the lineal champion [garcia] not world class? danny showed a heck of a chin and a ton of skill to beat lucas on that night. you saw what that kind of gas can do to a guy like peterson, alexander.
                  How can a guy be a contender for 5 years,4 major titles available,people vacating all the time and every single time he was in a position to get a belt ... He came up short... By the very definition of "World Class" he would've had to have won the title at some point because he's "AMONGST THE BEST IN THE WORLD"... Not, good enough to always be one of the top contender's but never good enough to be champion... That's a step below "World Class". Why is that such a difficult concept for you to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    He beat Paulie haha.. Yeah, real world beater there...
                    Matthysse has lost close fights, that doesn't make him an overhyped bum.. Broner has stepped up 2 times to world class fighters and been embarrassed both times...
                    Paulie >>>> Mike Dallas Jr.

I never called Matthysse an overhyped bum. I'm defending him as a world class fighter as he clearly is. But don't act like he's levels upon levels above Adrien Broner.

They are the same caliber of fighter with similar resumes.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                      Paulie >>>> Mike Dallas Jr.

I never called Matthysse an overhyped bum. I'm defending him as a world class fighter as he clearly is. But don't act like he's levels upon levels above Adrien Broner.

They are the same caliber of fighter with similar resumes.
                      Do you remember NSB after Dallas got KTFO? I mean its Mike ****ing Dallas, Jr and some in NSB acted like he just beat an 89-0 Chavez Sr.

Comment

Working...
                      X