No announcement yet.

Upcoming fights or fighters you are not excited to see

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming fights or fighters you are not excited to see

Keith vs Pacman - I'm a fan of Pacquiao. Especially his epic run at the lower weights and thrillers with the 3 amigos.

I was once a fan of One Time, but as of late he doesn't move me. On paper it looks great and all but I cant seem to warm up to it. I'll get the PPV to watch Luis Nery vs what I'm hoping will be a credible opponent but that's pretty much it so far.

Ryan Garcia - maybe because I'm not big on the social media craze or I'm far too old for his antics but I could careless about the kid. Haven't followed his career too closely but I'm not sure why he reminds me of Verdejo before he lost his luster.

Spence Jr vs Porter - Porter makes for some extremely sloppy and dull fights in my opinion. I just hope Spence Jr can make it a short night.

Unpopular opinions perhaps but meh, they are my own.

Joshua Vs. Ruiz
    Fury Vs. Shwatz..?? Whatever the hell the guys name is
    Callum Smith Vs. N'dam

Pretty much 70% of the big name fighter this year, they fight guys who have no chance.

Comment

I halfway agree on Ryan. The social media campaign is annoying but easy to ignore but for me I think Ryan can become a really good fighter its just GBP and his handlers will keep him away from hard fights because they see too much money in this kid. I fully expect him to win a title then make tomato can defenses.

Not looking forward to Hughie Fury fighting, especially with his promoter declaring that Hughie is going to fight 4 times this year, to me that just means Hughie's going to fight 4 C list guys.

Joseph Parker. I believe Joe is cashing out his career. He's been consistent on retiring when he's 30 so he's fishing for a last payday and will probably bum around the C tier guys until he gets one.

Gary Russell jr. He's had a 10 year pro career, 31 fights, but as far as I'm concerned he's only had 3 fights against actually good opponents. Despite this he feels people are ducking him and that he's in the same money making tier as Leo Santa Cruz. He's standing on an anthill thinking its a mountain.

Daniel Jacobs. I thought a lot on this and Jacobs doesn't rub me the right way. I feel like he's a fighter that takes advantage of rules and fighters to give himself an advantage. In the GGG fight he intentionally blew the second weigh in while GGG obeyed it because Jacobs thought it could give him an advantage. And he pulls the same stunt again with Canelo, blowing the second day weigh in while Canelo honors it. And in that fight one of the first things the guys I was watching the fight with said was 'Why is Jacobs backing up?' That was round 1 with Jacobs the bigger, heavier guy voluntarily being backed up by Canelo. I think Jacobs is very skilled but deep down he's not confident.

Comment

Joshua -Ruiz
        Fury-Shwartz
        Spence-Porter
        Joshua-Pulev (am looking forward to purse bid war, fight will be lame)
        Crawford vs opponent
        Loma-Campbell
        Leo/Gary Russell against anyone but each other
        Tank vs cab driver mando

Damn.. not much I am looking forward to. This was a depressing exercise lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
          Joshua -Ruiz
          Fury-Shwartz
          Spence-Porter
          Joshua-Pulev (am looking forward to purse bid war, fight will be lame)
          Crawford vs opponent
          Loma-Campbell
          Leo/Gary Russell against anyone but each other
          Tank vs cab driver mando

Damn.. not much I am looking forward to. This was a depressing exercise lol
          Porter can't afford to be boring vs Spence. I can't stand Porter's style at all. Spence KO. I wanna see this, just not on PPV.

Loma will prove too good for Campbell. With the sprained right hand, Campbell might have a chance to make it competitive, in spots.

I like those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            Porter can't afford to be boring vs Spence. I can't stand Porter's style at all. Spence KO. I wanna see this, just not on PPV.

Loma will prove too good for Campbell. With the sprained right hand, Campbell might have a chance to make it competitive, in spots.

I like those fights.
            Yea, good point on Spence-Porter. I was thinking PPV (not excited to see that), but will definitely watch on FOX/SHO. I still think Loma will walk through Campbell. Hope I'm wrong and it becomes competitive

Forgot to add GGG-Rolls, but thats obvious

Comment

Any Rey Vargas fight. The guy has Nacho Beristain as his trainer but doesn't seem to be improving at all and gets more boring every fight.

I am not into the teeny bopper fanbase of Ryan Garcia. But I am excited to see what the Reynosos can mold him into.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
                Yea, good point on Spence-Porter. I was thinking PPV (not excited to see that), but will definitely watch on FOX/SHO. I still think Loma will walk through Campbell. Hope I'm wrong and it becomes competitive

Forgot to add GGG-Rolls, but thats obvious
                I think it will be for some rounds. I can see this fight going 10. Campbell is better than Crolla.

I don't count GGG-Rolls as a fight.

Comment

I think I'd be able to talk myself into the worst of the fights I see mentioned..

not sure how I talk myself into Trout vs Gausha?

Oh, Browne vs Pascal - that seems like an unnecessary beating Pascal will be taking

Comment

Fury / Schwartz
                    Wilder / Ortiz
                    AJ / Ruiz
                    Gary Russell ( unless it's vs Leo or Berchelt ) .
                    Crawford / Brook
                    Charlo / Adams

Comment

Working...
                    X