No announcement yet.

Sparring video from today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring video from today

I sparred 4 - 3 minute rounds with :30 seconds rest with fresh opponents (5 rds total, had a warm up then came off for a couple rds before doing my 4 in a row). This was the 4th round against Kurt. Dude that sent the video to me had to cut some of it off in order to send it.

Hard sparring is Thursday. I'm going to try to get someone to record every round, I usually forget to record until like halfway through my rounds.

https://youtu.be/ig97S1o_a54

Edit: I'm in the red headgear, black gloves.

Are these guys novices? Amateurs?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Are these guys novices? Amateurs?
      This guys been training for a couple years but hes like 33. Some of the guys I spar fight amateur, some have been just training in the gym for some time.

I sort of get objectives for each round depending on who I'm sparring. So I don't go to the head a lot and watch the power with anyone near my weight or lower.

Comment

Why are you switching to south paw? You accomplish nothing and then switch back to your natural stance. And why are you trying jabs with him? With this guy, simply get the timing of his jab. And then when ever he jabs, slip it to your left and just stick your right hand out there. He will run right in to it and then follow with the hook. Do this all in one motion. Get out the way while sticking your right hand out there. Once you are comfortable with it you can really put some power behind it. Against a south paw you want to move to your left, away from his power. Simply get low and shoot straight right hands in to his belly and then of course follow with your hook. Any time that you throw your right hand you should throw the hook behind it. You have to get back in to position anyway, might as well get in position throwing the hook ….Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 10-03-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          Why are you switching to south paw? You accomplish nothing and then switch back to your natural stance. And why are you trying jabs with him? With this guy, simply get the timing of his jab. And then when ever he jabs, slip it to your left and just stick your right hand out there. He will run right in to it and then follow with the hook. Do this all in one motion. Get out the way while sticking your right hand out there. Once you are comfortable with it you can really put some power behind it. Against a south paw you want to move to your left, away from his power. Simply get low and shoot straight right hands in to his belly and then of course follow with your hook. Any time that you throw your right hand you should throw the hook behind it. You have to get back in to position anyway, might as well get in position throwing the hook ….Rockin'
          ^^^^^ wisdom from Rockin

Comment

Mate I'm really glad that your training is going well and you're posting videos! About your boxing - sometimes you're too hesitant to throw punches, and your chin is a bit higher, tuck it even more. Good job recording, we unfortunately don't do that, cause usually everyone is busy doing something. But we record sometimes when we spar with guys from other gyms, when they visit or we go to their gym. Here's one of my older sparring records. I'm in red with blue gloves . https://youtu.be/ie2yPhWV-qc. Uploaded just now - inspired by you

Comment

Originally posted by NomiNee View Post
              Mate I'm really glad that your training is going well and you're posting videos! About your boxing - sometimes you're too hesitant to throw punches, and your chin is a bit higher, tuck it even more. Good job recording, we unfortunately don't do that, cause usually everyone is busy doing something. But we record sometimes when we spar with guys from other gyms, when they visit or we go to their gym. Here's one of my older sparring records. I'm in red with blue gloves . https://youtu.be/ie2yPhWV-qc. Uploaded just now - inspired by you
              Very nice work. The one thing that I can't get out of my mind though is how you do not step in at all with your jab. Besides that I would say that the other guy had more experience but you still got off some good shots/combos. With your jab, you 'll lean your body in and reach with that jab. Why not just take a step at 45/135 degrees and work around your man while you're getting closer. Double up, triple up on that and work around him. Watch any Michael Nunn fight and watch how he works around his man. And when it's time he brings in his power hand. Very nice work, indeed...…..Rockin
              Last edited by Rockin'; 10-04-2018, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Very nice work. The one thing that I can't get out of my mind though is how you do not step in at all with your jab. Besides that I would say that the other guy had more experience but you still got off some good shots/combos. With your jab, you 'll lean your body in and reach with that jab. Why not just take a step at 45/135 degrees and work around your man while you're getting closer. Double up, triple up on that and work around him. Watch any Michael Nunn fight and watch how he works around his man. And when it's time he brings in his power hand. Very nice work, indeed...…..Rockin
                Thank you sir! You are right my feet was falling behind, my footwork was bad. Besides, maybe that was because of huge hematoma on my right calf, I remember that I jammed it that day at the work . Around 4 years have passed, I'm improved my footwork a bit since. Michael Nunn is from another dimension, watched his fights, incredible footwork and speed.One of the forgotten greats.

Comment

Originally posted by NomiNee View Post
                  Thank you sir! You are right my feet was falling behind, my footwork was bad. Besides, maybe that was because of huge hematoma on my right calf, I remember that I jammed it that day at the work . Around 4 years have passed, I'm improved my footwork a bit since. Michael Nunn is from another dimension, watched his fights, incredible footwork and speed.One of the forgotten greats.
                  Yeah, James pulled the rabbit from the hat in his fight with Nunn. Nunn was really good...….Rockin'

Comment

Yeah, James pulled the rabbit from the hat in his fight with Nunn. Nunn was really good...….Rockin'
                    Yeah I saw that fight. Indeed, Nunn was outboxing him. Was that a left hook shot which knocked Nunn down?

Comment

Working...
                    X