Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most wins vs. former or current world titlists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either one, unless there are any fighters undeserving of the Ring belt after Golden Boy bought the mag, then I'd say you can exclude them.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Yeah. Today you have 4 'recognized' sanctioning bodies and 17 divisions. That makes 68 potential champions (not counting 'regular', 'interims', 'silver', 'ring', 'lineal' etc.). Compare that to the 8 original champions.

Lets say that a welterweight from back in the day decides to move up 13 lbs, he would have a chance to get one boxer to give him a score in this threads criteria. If a boxer did that today, he'd have 8 potential scores.

It clearly shows that this comparison is not fair when comparing eras. It's clearly skewed towards modern fighters who also have the option of cherrypicking the easiest opponent to get a score.
      This record doesn't just take into account current champions, it takes into account past or future champions as well. So guys back in the day had more than 8 potential scores. They could fight a guy that had never been a champion, and if that guy becomes a champion 5 years later, it counts as a score for this record. They could fight a guy that lost his championship 5 years ago, and it still counts as a score for this record.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        This record doesn't just take into account current champions, it takes into account past or future champions as well. So guys back in the day had more than 8 potential scores. They could fight a guy that had never been a champion, and if that guy becomes a champion 5 years later, it counts as a score for this record. They could fight a guy that lost his championship 5 years ago, and it still counts as a score for this record.
        What point are you trying to make? It may be my lack of English skills, but it seems to me that you are supporting my stance since there is infinitely more fighters today getting a title than way back in the day with only 8 titles.

Comment

Working...
        X