Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jarrell Miller Will No Longer Appear on Jan. 18 DAZN Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, I'm fine with DAZN. The time around the holidays is typically a slow time for fights. I will take Andrade vs Akakov and the Linares fight. Might be some entertaining fights on the undercard. I have a very stripped down cable package so $10 a month isn't bad, some months will be well worth it and others not so much. I don't mind the MMA fights they have on there either. I can't say if it's a smart business model but I will enjoy it however long it lasts, especially with no HBO fights.

As for Miller vs Dawejko, not really compelling but Joey never gets blasted out in fights and can give rounds. He's a tough, limited, fighter. I'd watch it but it doesn't move the needle.

Comment

This DAZN property has been much ado about nothing so far.

It'll be interesting to see if they can build the property out beyond the hardcore Canelo base.

Surely they'll have to pressure him to take some big fights beyond GGG, but I'm not sure if that's enough. He only fights 2 times per year. I guess if you throw in a can (like he just did) 3 fights is feasible.

They still need another big property to come on board to make this thing work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
        So for $10 a month, you get a Canelo-Rocky type fight once or twice a year, and several cards that lack even one good fight?

That might be alright for the Brits, but here in North America fight fans aren't paying for such garbage.
        Its a joke... there is hardly anything on their upcoming calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
          Is it possible to sign up to DAZN in the UK using a US proxy? I'm assuming it is...
          I don't see why not...though I don't see why anyone would want to

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            And here’s the thing, people keep saying PPV is a rip off, and I agreed up until I subscribed to DAZN. I got a Years subscription. In Canada that was $150. And I watched Povetkin/AJ, Usyk/Bellew and Inoue/Payano. Works out to $50 a fight. I got two PPV’s last year. GGG/Canelo II And Fury/Wilder. I paid $160. Now sure I got one extra fight with the DAZN package, but I feel more ripped off because I’m paying for something that I haven’t used in almost two months. Next week is Broner vs Pacquiao. I have no interest in that fight so I’m not going to pay. I’m still paying for this weekends Matchroom card though, and I won’t be watching that.

North American boxing = pay per view

DAZN = pay and maybe view
            Why do you pay the whole thing solo? I watch most PPVs but we all go in together. With alcohol and food that comes out to 10- 20 a piece.

That to me is the advantage over the app. The app gives you a solo experience which is much less fun and you eventually pay more overall. Whereas you get a whole damn party out of ppv

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
              Why do you pay the whole thing solo? I watch most PPVs but we all go in together. With alcohol and food that comes out to 10- 20 a piece.

That to me is the advantage over the app. The app gives you a solo experience which is much less fun and you eventually pay more overall. Whereas you get a whole damn party out of ppv
              I moved to a small town where nobody I know watches boxing, and all my fight fans live too far away now.

Comment

Good idea for Eddie to stop pressuring the WBA to make a decision about their secondary titles and makes a fight for Miller on the Katie Taylor card vs a decent opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  Good idea for Eddie to stop pressuring the WBA to make a decision about their secondary titles and makes a fight for Miller on the Katie Taylor card vs a decent opponent.
                  He says he could be back on a card end of February. Hopefully Hearn gunna announce these cards tomorrow, thats 3 ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    He says he could be back on a card end of February. Hopefully Hearn gunna announce these cards tomorrow, thats 3 ready to go.
                    define "ready to go" lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Thank God for that. Is this even legal? 2/3 days before the fight to name an opponent. At this level!
                      Eddie Hearn was bringing up such absolute bums that the NYSAC was turning them down and refusing to sanction them. Remember this is the same Eddie Hearn that was going to have Whyte fight Michael Grant last year.

Comment

Working...
                      X