No announcement yet.

Brian McIntyre trainer of Crawford turns down Porter; wants 50/50 w/Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Errol Spence Jr holds all the cards here; deny that if you want.

Beyond that, it's basically a 70/30 Spence fight split today. If Crawford is really going to wait on 50/50, he's going to have to wait at least 3, if not 4 Spence PPV fights, and then hope that Jermell Charlo (same camp) or Williams/Hurd (both likely headed for 160lbs) win the WBC/WBA/IBF 154lb belts to not incentivize Spence to move up.

That's 2022, before Spence is likely low enough in top options to maybe consider giving Crawford 50%, and that's assuming Spence-TBA isn't a moneymaker in it's own right after at least 5 PPV events.
    Well, it's just my opinion, man, but if Errol really wants to be seen as the best guy in the division the road leads through Bud... rightly or not (and I ain't saying cos I don't deal in P4P) Bud's the guy folk are saying is a top 1 - 3 P4P dude and for Spence to really break through to the next level of popularity - if it's possible at all - he has to beat him. So IDK if you consider that a card in Buds hand or not, but it is a legitimate reason why Errol might be willing to pay more to get Bud to the ring. Add to that that Bud is hardly struggling for paydays himself. Dude just got paid like $4 mil to fight Egidijus ffs and $5.5 mil for Khan so if he decides he doesn't want to be 'B' side it's gonna be tough to force him through financial leverage.

But whatever. I'm just offering an opinion and I'll freely admit I could be wrong. Like I say it's difficult to get a real sense of how things are on the ground from the other side of the Atlantic... most folk I'm hearing are saying 60/40 and 70/30 is about the widest I've heard. But I still reckon it's gonna be hard to shift Bud from 50 / 50 and also that Spence needs him more than most folk seem to think. I reckon if it happens this year it'll be either 50/50 or very close to it, but we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Mainly I just hope it gets made, but I'm rather hoping Al will offer Bud a deal more than the 30% you seem to be advocating cos I don't reckon there's any chance of that happening.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-08-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      He more said he just wasn't really interested in Porter didn't he? Said he's looking for someone with a title. Personally I think he should fight Shawn next given that it ain't gonna be Spence or Pacquiao, but he didn't specifically turn that fight down just said it wasn't a priority.

And yeah. 50/50s been the offer all along hasn't it? I think most of the comments I've seen consider that relatively fair given the stature of both fighters... only folk I've really seen disagreeing are those who have already shown marked loyalties towards PBC.
      I think he’s fighting Patrick Texarkana bro.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
        50/50 isn't fair, have you seen crawford's ppv's?

The fact that you are defending 50/50 means you are defending the fight not getting made
        To quote Errol from like 2-3 years ago:

"If he want 50/50, he don't want the fight."

Ain't *ish changed/cept the number after the dot on Spence’s Range.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
          I think he’s fighting Patrick Texarkana bro.
          Damn, man, I heard that mentioned over Xmas I think but I didn't hear there'd been any confirmation.

Be at 154 I imagine... hmm.. if that's true it rather looks like Arum just not wanting to work with Haymon or something. Really does go to show the depth of Als hold over 147 and 154 that Texeiras almost the only ranked guy that ain't with PBC

Comment

Makes sense. No reason to fight anyone else without a title as of now.

Comment

ive said for years he doesnt want hard opponents which is why he resigned with top rank. finally people are starting to come round to what is painfully obvious. and lets face it, he hadnt shown much interest in spence until he stumbled out of intensive care, in fact im half surprised he didnt head down to the intensive care unit and try and get spences name on his resume there and then before he gets back to his best

Comment

How in the world Team Crawford expect to get a 50/50 split? Come on man be realistic some of these fighters,promoters,manager and now trainers really think that the whole revolves around them.

Let’s be honest boxing will start dying out, we can all use the excuse that there’s boxing on every week but it’s not the same man it’s watered down. HBO and Showtime regular cards were fire compare to these PPV’s card de pinga. I blame all these fighters making stupid money from DAZN,ESPN and Fox, now every fighter that is considered P4P deserves $20+ million per fight when it’s a competitive fight?

As a boxing fan it’s the worst, but again this will give Spence,Crawford,PBC,ESPN fanboys topics to talk about why this and this happen

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                  . and lets face it, he hadnt shown much interest in spence until he stumbled out of intensive care, in fact im half surprised he didnt head down to the intensive care unit and try and get spences name on his resume there and then before he gets back to his best
                  True and you aren't the only person who has mentioned that. But I think it has more to do with him getting pressured to fight Porter. So now he's pivoting back to Spence even though he knows that fight isn't happening next.

Comment

- -U sayin a 300 lber speaks fer craw?

Alrighty then!

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      Damn, man, I heard that mentioned over Xmas I think but I didn't hear there'd been any confirmation.

Be at 154 I imagine... hmm.. if that's true it rather looks like Arum just not wanting to work with Haymon or something. Really does go to show the depth of Als hold over 147 and 154 that Texeiras almost the only ranked guy that ain't with PBC
                      No confirmation that I’m aware of. Notice I said “I think”. I have no idea who he is fighting.

Comment

Working...
                      X