Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronald 'Winky Wright vs Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winky that fought Vargas would beat Floyd.
    Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 01-08-2014, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Winky's size would take its toll. This is a guy who went 12 rounds with Bernard Hopkins, Jermain Taylor and Felix Trinidad. What's little Floyd going to do to him? He doesn't have to play defense here. He can walk through Floyd's shots and fire at a much higher volume because he has nothing to fear. If Mosley stunned Floyd and Cotto gave him a bloody nose, you can be sure Winky's punches would inflict some serious damage and keep Floyd in his shell. A more aggressive Winky with a higher work rate emerges and wins on points.

Comment

Another caveat. The Winky that fought Vargas would be the favorite to beat Floyd. Physically, so fast, strong and technical at 154.

Would be like Cotto, but a helluva a lot better. I guess I shouldn't have used the Shane fight. Winky looked way slower in that fight compared to his fight with Vargas.
        Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 01-08-2014, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Winky is too tall, too strong, too good a defender, and with too good a jab for Floyd to do anything with him; Floyd can fight at JMW but he has to be selective

Comment

When it was mentioned in 04-05 Winky would have beat Floyd. Todays version of Floyd would be better suited to fight Winky.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383
              When it was mentioned in 04-05 Winky would have beat Floyd. Todays version of Floyd would be better suited to fight Winky.
              This. Floyd would adapt and start outworking Winky to keep him in his shell.

I think the Oscar fight would help Floyd in this fight. Before Oscar I think Winky outpoints him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

A draw none of them would of thrown a punch lol

Comment

compubox through 12

floyd
                  jabs attempted 2, landed 1
                  power punches attempted 0, landed 0

winky
                  jabs attempted 0, landed 0
                  power punches attempted 1, landed 0

Floyd via UD