No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder Is OFF!!! Tyson Signs With ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    How does this make the fight off? Now the promotion will be on Fox as well as ESPN, and the PPV will likely go to Showtime since (correct me if I'm wrong) ESPN doesn't have it's own PPV. The fight won't be a $4.99 ESPN+ fight.
    Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but the fight is mandated isn't it? meaning it will still have to go to a purse bid at some point if they don't reach a deal?

Maybe they are confident ESPN will win that if it goes to it, so might try and force a good deal out of Wilder? It's a huge fight and Fury is a new signing for them. ESPN might be willing to throw a load of money at it if it goes to a purse bid.

Who knows. I don't think it means the fight is dead though.

They must have something planned. You aren't going to have an $80m deal there and fight nobodies. ESPN will want a return on their investment, they're not stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but the fight is mandated isn't it? meaning it will still have to go to a purse bid at some point if they don't reach a deal?

Maybe they are confident ESPN will win that if it goes to it, so might try and force a good deal out of Wilder? It's a huge fight and Fury is a new signing for them. ESPN might be willing to throw a load of money at it if it goes to a purse bid.

Who knows. I don't think it means the fight is dead though.

They must have something planned. You aren't going to have an $80m deal there and fight nobodies. ESPN will want a return on their investment, they're not stupid.
      I'd see the opposite happening, the fight goes to Showtime for $80 a piece and the two work out a deal to split the revenue. Would be a gamble, but if they promoted this thing right on all of the free networks...does the new PBC deal include NBC still? They could literally have everyone talking about this fight.

Comment

I'd see the opposite happening, the fight goes to Showtime for $80 a piece and the two work out a deal to split the revenue. Would be a gamble, but if they promoted this thing right on all of the free networks...does the new PBC deal include NBC still? They could literally have everyone talking about this fight.
        Yeah or that.

Either way, i don't see the fight just being dead in the water that easily. It's still a huge fight. And as i said ESPN will want Fury to be a champion and in big fights, they're not giving him this money for nothing, it's not charity. They must have some sensible plan in place to have him in big fights like this.

Comment

If this ***** ducks Wilder that'd be great for the UK's boxing legacy.

I don't care if Tyson ducks Wilder. Just means she knows she won't last long in his ring ever again. Like Bermane, except Bermane had the balls to take that L.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            If this ***** ducks Wilder that'd be great for the UK's boxing legacy.

I don't care if Tyson ducks Wilder. Just means she knows she won't last long in his ring ever again. Like Bermane, except Bermane had the balls to take that L.
            Like he's afraid to fight Wilder.

He took him on after 3 years cocaine binge and having two rubbish warm up fights and still not in top condition and beat him but for a robbery lol.

He handpicked Wilder.

Comment

How does this make the fight off? Now the promotion will be on Fox as well as ESPN, and the PPV will likely go to Showtime since (correct me if I'm wrong) ESPN doesn't have it's own PPV. The fight won't be a $4.99 ESPN+ fight.
              Crawford vs. Khan is on ESPN PPV.

Comment

I want to hear official sources of the fight being cancelled. For now, I can hardly see the fight being done. But lets see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  Like he's afraid to fight Wilder.

He took him on after 3 years cocaine binge and having two rubbish warm up fights and still not in top condition and beat him but for a robbery lol.

He handpicked Wilder.
                  You silly butterball, I don't give a **** what excuse you tell yourself. A man who got knocked on his ass and then refused to fight again is scared.

Comment

Is this really true because it sounds surreal? If not, then it's a very bad April Fools joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                      You silly butterball, I don't give a **** what excuse you tell yourself. A man who got knocked on his ass and then refused to fight again is scared.
                      A man that makes a ***** tonne of excuses for getting a lucky draw and refuses to give the other 50/50 or travel to the their yard for the rematch despite saying they're both title holders is "scurrrred".

Comment

Working...
                      X