Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... did he look "Shot" again ?? people are always claiming that boxers should retire after losses, there are obvious boxers that need to retire, Holyfield etc. .... but what did Miguel show you on sat. night that you believe his only option is to retire now ? he went in there and gave it his ALL and lost to the P4P best fighter ... Cotto Beats the dog sh!t outta Kirkland, Molina, Canelo and all the 154 division

Comment

• Floyd beat Cotto, Pacman lost to a fat lightweight. That is all.

Comment

• You guys want him to talk like Paul Williams or Litzau? I say one more fight if the money is right, but he should seriously consider hanging them. This is the biggest problem with boxing stars, they don't know when to quit.

Comment

• Cotto's past his prime-still good, same as he was in 2009. He won 2-3 rounds, 4 at the very very very most. Pac arguably lost to Marquez at 144.

Comment

• Originally posted by nutz_n_ya_face View Post
            Cotto did okay but in reality Cotto is washed up. Floyd looked horrible against a washed up Miguel Cotto. Pacquao or Martinez would have drop the coming forward Cotto, easily.

It shows that at 35 Floyd only can block or shoulder rolls right hands, a simple feint then jab to the face had Floyd nose bleeding the whole fight. Floyd did not adjust or have an answer. Cotto was landing straight lefts at will.

Floyd's aura as a defensive wizard isn't as it use to be. I wanna see how Floyd adjusts to Pacquiao or Martinez left straights because Floyd couldn't adjust to a washed up Miguel Cotto simple feint then jab. Also, Floyd got lucky because Cotto slowed down by the 10th round.
            I think you are washed up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              I honestly don't see why Cotto should face Martinez when greater fighters dare not.
              It's the last shot at greatness.

If he's in it primarily for the money I guess Canelo is the choice, but does it do much for his legacy? not really imo.

Comment

• Why?

He looked good against a guy who makes everyone look bad.

Comment

• I think he has one big fight left.

He fought arguably the best fighter in the world and gave him his toughest fight of his career, how many people can say that?

Word I'm hearing is he may fight the winner of Spinks vs K9 and possibly Canelo is 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Floyd beat Cotto, Pacman lost to a fat lightweight. That is all.
                    You have low IQ any real boxing fans knew Pacman lost to Marquez.

HBO couldn't even show any hightlight reels that Pacquaio hitting Marquez cleanly.

but styles makes fight, and Cotto is past his prime.

Comment

• Washed Up...???

Please bro,
                      is funny how Floyd Mayweather jr. gives Miguel Cotto
                      respect, says this is one of his toughest fight he ever had
                      and some people still say he is washed up.

Comment

Working...
                      X