No announcement yet.

AIBA removes all its judges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIBA removes all its judges

And thats a good thing! The last Olympics, from heavyweight to the lowest division, had bad decision after bad decision. In fact, some of those decisions were outrageous where it was clear one guy had won but the way the judges so it was beyond ridiculous.

I think professional boxing and ultimately the athletic/boxing commissions around the world have to start doing the same.

SO who are they going to replace them with?

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
      Sounds like a good time to make an application

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
        The amateur circuit has many judges all across the world, the AIBA registered ones are simply supposed to be the best of the lot and officiate at the major tournaments. They'll be replaced with judges from the rest of the pile I assume.

Some very good judges working the amateur circuit who dont get to officiate at big tournaments, especially in the UK where the amateur scene has been thriving for a decade now.

The problem is deeper than just corrupt judges and until the AIBA clean out the other factors which allowed for book makers and other sorts to get in touch with judges to bribe them, it won't solve much.

Comment

At least they're recognising there's a problem by doing this, you can say the problem is more behind the curtains where the real strings are being pulled, but this a postive step in the right direction. Another step would be training in the basic principals of jurisprudence, as it applies in various professions and makes you think logically without passion, one of the best courses I ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            And thats a good thing! The last Olympics, from heavyweight to the lowest division, had bad decision after bad decision. In fact, some of those decisions were outrageous where it was clear one guy had won but the way the judges so it was beyond ridiculous.

I think professional boxing and ultimately the athletic/boxing commissions around the world have to start doing the same.
            Sounds great to me. Do some house cleaning!

Comment

Wtf. They just had a story out about AIBA discovered nothing wrong with their judges with corruption or incompetence or what have you & now they dumped all their judges? Wut?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Wtf. They just had a story out about AIBA discovered nothing wrong with their judges with corruption or incompetence or what have you & now they dumped all their judges? Wut?!?!
                lol whered you read that?

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                Sounds great to me. Do some house cleaning!
                Exactly.

Professional commissions have to start looking into their own ranks too.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  lol whered you read that?

Exactly.

Professional commissions have to start looking into their own ranks too.
                  Man, I'm ready. I want to see all the corrupt officials go.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    Man, I'm ready. I want to see all the corrupt officials go.
                    That would just be the start though. There needs to be whole sale change of what happens behind the scenes.

Comment

Working...
                    X